cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's happened to the Search engine ?

I'm trying to look at previously sold stamps, as I do most days. However ebay search seems to be completely broken. For instance, this is what comes up when you search US>All stamps :

http://www.ebay.com/sch/United-States-/261/i.html

A grand total of 40 listings. Try inputting one of the keywords ( for instance the first item I get has the word Olympic in the title ) and nothing comes up in the search under stamps. 

I've only noticed this for the past half hour or so, hopefully it's either A) Only me or B) something that Ebay is working to fix. 

Mark. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: What's happened to the Search engine ?

Seems like it's only happening in Safari, and not on Chrome. However when I try and sort on Chrome to highest price first, it returns zero items, despite showing 208 when sorted oldest first.... Ebay didn't have a clue when I got through to them. Nothing new there. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Cobbie -  It must be temporary. I'm using Safari, and all my searches and going-to categories works.

My biggest gripe these days is the switch to the really large spaces allocated to auctions on the search return pages. I have a 27" screen and get about 4.5 listings before I need to scroll. Using Command - not only makes them smaller but also narrower to the point where for me the best number per page makes the the listing only 1/3 of the eBay page wide. Vast white space on both left and right.

This started about one month ago on the usual Friday night. I'd do anything to get back to the last version of search returns. Now the space is determined by their allocation for images and the space is square even if most item are horizontal rectangles. Must be for those tiny screens on mobiles.

I really laugh at the way I've gone through 25 years of wanting the largest screen reqasonable for my desk and have reached 27". Now the whole internet software industry is coding to make everything visible on a 4" screen, yet the hardware companies are doing everything possible to make larger phone screens. I guess they will eventually have a 27" flexible roll-up screen for carrying in one's pocket!

In the mean time ebay seems to be getting worse for viewing lots. Too much scrolling for my taste. I can't imagine using a phone and finger swiping 2000 lots. LOL

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Mark,

I just tried my completed items search through postal history, sold items, > $100 using Firefox and everything seemed normal.  No surprises at all.  I'll try a couple of more and report back if I encounter any trouble.

jimbo

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It's really weird. I logged onto the US stamps this morning, on Safari and came up with over 660,000 lots. The only time they wouldn't show was when I sorted highest price first. 

Now I've just gone back because I want to check certain numbers as I prepare them for listing and once again it's showing just the 41 lots, and none of the search is working. 

However Firefox and Chrome all show the search as normal. 

I deleted all my cookies in Safari yesterday so I really do not know what the problem is. I also did I virus check but nothing showed up ( rarely does on a Mac ). I did try on my iPad and I can search everything using Safari, so it's not a safari problem. 

Scratching head.......

Message 5 of 5
latest reply