cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member.

My stamp collecting interests are U.S.A. Revenue Stamps and researching their cancels.  In addition plate varieties of all U.S.A. Stamps.  I'm a long time collector, very experienced in Washington/Franklin Heads stamps and their identification.

Anyway hi to all.

Now then I'm not a very good computer type person, where can I find the instructions on how to attach scanned images to my messages.  The link might be right in front of me, but I do not seem to figure it out.  There is an ICON of a picture, and it says "insert/edit image", if this is the ICON to use when attaching scans to my messages in the future, exactly what do I have to do (procedures)

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

New member.

Hi msgtdavid, and welcome to the group.

There are 3 ways of showing other viewers your images.

One is to link to them (the chain icon). Using this does not display the item, but viewers can decide if they want to click on the link and see it. Another advantage is that you are not polluting the board with images that some may neither wish to use up bandwidth or see. A drawback to using this option is that the image must be on a website somewhere.

The second is to click on the Insert Image icon (mountains and sun).

You can upload images from your computer

oregon-stamp_34c_greetings_from_america.jpg

and even format them nicely in your post. Make sure though that the images are not too large (or too small) for your purpose.

The third option is to use the attachment dialogue box below the input form. The same size guidelines apply, but you don't get a choice on where to place the image in your post. It will apppear at the end.

We will look forward to your posts and images.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

New member.

msgtdavid (Master Sgt David?)

Here's a little image of the dialog box and some of its useful components.  And welcome to the board!  Join us every month for a show-and-tell of different aspects of our collections.

gr.jpg

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

New member.

A belated welcome to you!

anne in NJ

Message 4 of 4
latest reply