cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's see your latest pickups!

Let's see if i can figure this board out now.

These are always popular threads on other boards, so....

Let's see your lates acquisitions.

I just got these in the mail the other day.

First is the small numeral version of the 5ö green from 1882 (scott #35). I actually fund it unexpectedly in a small lot of Denmark I won, so I was happy. It's my first one of these.

Second is the 4ö slate and ultra (Scott #26b)

denmark.jpg

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Let's see your latest pickups!

I've been working on Turkey lately and have added more than a hundred stamps from 1940-1960.  This allows me to expand the showing I have on my website.  I stopped at 1955 because the next two years were very weak.  I now have to pickup the 1955-57 issues then I can scan the rest up to 1980 which are complete except for 3 stamps.  NOTE: I'm not bothering with many of the early "ugly" overprinted stamps for many reasons.  Have a look here:

http://mitch.seymourfamily.com/mward/collection/mideast/turkey/turkey.html

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Mitch, could you shoot me off a higher resolution scan of the 1898 Thessaly military stamps? It looks like you might have a nice set of the forgeries... 😞

Look under the numeral '1'.

Genuine

Genuine

Forgery

Forgery

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

rbpuzzles

"Here's something interestig I just got in the mail. It's a 20ö blue from Denmark with a cancellation from Helsingborg, Sweden (I think)."

denmark2.jpg

The cancel is from Helsingborg in Sweden, just opposite Helsingør in Denmark.

denmark3.jpg

The nummeral cancel is from Rødby (Roedby) and have only a minimal value and was used from 12.8.1853 to 8.2.1884 (day/month/year).

Best regards

Knud-Erik

K.E   I'm a silly little man - whoopee!!

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Would the Helsingborg cancel be an arrival or transit cancel because the Danish side didn't do it? Or were Danish stamps permitted in Sweden?
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Bill, They dd look a bit to crisp. Oh well what's new
Message 20 of 22
latest reply

Bill

The stamp was on a letter mailed on the feery between Helsingør and Helsingborg.

K.E   I'm a silly little man - whoopee!!

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

@antonius-ra wrote:
Bill, They dd look a bit to crisp. Oh well what's new

The genuine ones from the second printing will look just as good, since so many of those were remaindered. It's tougher to find good unseed ones from the first printing because most of them were 'used'. I'd say about half the stamps available on the market today are your type of forgery and half are genuine. The other forgery types are much tougher to find.

A fun challenge is to find a full set of the first printing 'used' with each of the town cancels. IIRC there are twenty or so different cancels, I've got a half dozen sets on cover, but just the most common town cancels.

A tough challenge is to find any of them postally used on cover... 🙂

Message 22 of 22
latest reply