cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Crystal Mounts

I have recently bought two Elbe stamp albums that have pages (and pages) of empty

Crystal Mounts. I would like to remove these nasty mounts from the pages without

messing up the pages. Any ideas of how to proceed? Would a sweatr box box work

on pages?

Thanks!

Burt

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Help with Crystal Mounts

Thanks for a question about Crystal Mountains. LOL

How's it going in So Cal, and Maryland?

Things here doing fine. Book about Razor cancels coming out later this fall, to be printed in Germany. I've been working on it with 4 other collaborators and it's coimg out at about 130 pages!  Bet you didn;lt know there was that much to know. LOL

Take care.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Southern Calif is dry, dry dry.  We are on the Beverly Hills water system and we have been ORDERED to cut water consumption 30% or face stiff fines.  Since we have no lawn or other greenery that is not in pots we already use the minimum.  Yet all City property is lavish with green lawns, hundreds upon hundreds of acres, and I don't see them cutting back there.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Here in dear ,old Maryland, a hot June and very wet, followed by a cooll July so far.

We have had some nasty T-storms over the last few weeks, storms that started in

the mid west and held together all the way to the east coast. I got caught in one

of these storms while I was traveling to MI last week. 

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

We've been quite warm in Oregon, over 100 many times in the last two weeks at my place. Of course I've been down at the coast during that time, with temperature climbing into the middles 70s as aften as not. 🙂

eBayはすべての言語を検閲場合、私一種だろうか彼らは肛門であれば十分な彼らはなります

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Here in Eastern Kansas the temperature is usually around 100 degrees this time of year, but  we have yet to hit the century mark.   The high so far was back on June 20th at 97 degrees.   So far it is the wettest year on record, both my ponds have been at the point of spilling over the last few months.  Yesterday the mercury only hit 67 degrees which might be a record low-high.  On the 4th it was a beautiful 83 degrees with pretty much no chance for fires from the fireworks.

Only thing to complain about is the grass hasn't slowed down growing.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

Wen I saw the title I thought I may have finally found someone who would want to buy the large pile of Crystal Mounts that I have. 

Dangit....

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Update!

Emptied one Elbe album of those nasty mounts, used an Xacto knife to slice the

mounts from the backing strips, still have to glue strips to deal with. Most pages

came out fine, and will use those pages to mount my US pnc strips, which 

should cover up the ugliness. The stripping took a few night s of marathon tv

watching of CSI, Elementary, The Mentalist and re- watching of Gotham,

oh how I love that show, and a few episodes of Bob's Burgers.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply