cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Luxembourg Stamps - Enough Value to List for Sale/Auction?

Is there enough value here to go through the process of listing these stamps?

I'm not talking catalog value.

I'm talking sale or auction value.

I've been listing some US material on eBay for about 15% of Scott Catalog and it's been doing reasonably well.

With these stamps I'd include European countries as places I'd also accept bids/buys from.

Do you think this type of material would reasonably well under the same conditions?

img20200422_15211496

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Describe it as if there are no pictures.
Take pictures as if there is no description.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Early Luxembourg Stamps - Enough Value to List for Sale/Auction?

Other than the tight margins, which may or may not turn off a European collector, I'd be happy to have those as a start to my collection, since I haven't started on the country yet. I'd expect it would sell reasonably easily.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I have been selling Luxembourg collections and lots and common material in quantity seems to realize something like 10% or so, so these should do really well.  Better material seems to do well in this heading and you should get a win and some action if you start around 15%.  The key is to open it up to international buyers.  I keep shipping down by using US First Class International mail, and have not had an issue at all to Europe.  

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I've tried these stamps in the past with no luck.

But I'm sure I was asking too much.

I've got them listed currently but in the US only.

So when their listings run out I'll relist at 15% AND include some of Europe.

And it would probably be better for me to wait until the pandemic blows over and people get back on their feet financially.

And there are some European countries I probably won't include, not because of the buyers, but because of questionable postal systems.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Describe it as if there are no pictures.
Take pictures as if there is no description.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It's not necessary to limit countries you sell to, as for other countries having postal problems, one needs to wonder where those items coming from Europe go when they "disappear" on their way to the USA.

Since you don't know where your next buyer lives, you are only limiting your sales to those who will only pay 10-15% of an American catalogue price. Remember that's for the American market! Good scans so the stamps can be identified will always trump poor descriptions and limited areas of distribution.

I've talked Euopean sellers to sell to me even when they state - not to USA. Why not to USA? Things go missing. LOL

Message 5 of 5
latest reply