cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay-Paypal's New 21-Day Hold on Funds

Last night I received a disturbing Paypal payment, it was definately different. The email said in part...
"You've received a payment....blah blah blah... We’ve placed a temporary hold on the funds for this transaction...blah blah blah....We’ll release the hold in 21 days..."

The email further states that Paypal/eBay MAY release the funds early if:
1. The buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay.
2. We confirm that the item was delivered.* We can confirm delivery if you ship the item with USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either use PayPal shipping labels or upload tracking information from the transaction details page. This applies to transactions within the United States.

The email also instructed me to SHIP the item right away.

No. 1: I don't need eBay or Paypal to advise me on something I already do very well. Although we are relatively new at this, we have STELLAR Rating of 100%.

No. 2: A 21 Day Hold on our money is B.S! Its OUR money. But of course this maneuver allows Ebay & Paypal to significantly increase revenue by reaping (raping) the interest on millions of dollars.

I too want eBay to be a safe and trusted shopping venue, but this punishes those of us who follow the rules. It should be implemented on only those who are failing to provide quality customer service.

I also noticed the sneakiness involved. This was not widely broadcast in advance (I don't recall hear/reading anything about it) and It was implemented on a Friday afternoon. I sure hope everyone raises 2 colors of hell about this. Lodge a Formal Complaint.

Uncle Fred
Message 1 of 365
latest reply
364 REPLIES 364

Re: eBay-Paypal's New 21-Day Hold on Funds

I"ve been complaining about this for a while. I ship out right away and they still hold my money. They have no right to do this. Also they don't do this to everyone. I know a few people who have been selling for a short time and they do not hold tjeir money! I've been selling for over 8 years!! Now what is wrong with this picture?

Message 46 of 365
latest reply

I"ve been complaining about this for a while. I ship out right away and they still hold my money. They have no right to do this. Also they don't do this to everyone. I know a few people who have been selling for a short time and they do not hold their money! I've been selling for over 8 years!! Now what is wrong with this picture?

Message 47 of 365
latest reply

racing5k
Enthusiast

Ok, I have had enough of ebays BS. X-(  Do any of you know of a site that does business fairly?  I too started selling an item this summer and to date have sold 21 of them mostly overseas and they have highjacked about $100 in the last few days . If it takes two weeks for my shipment to reach the customer (that I sent today) to reach my customer,  I will be out of this money until almost the end of Oct.

I called paypal and the first customer rep said "oh we don't make any money on your money while its on hold" X-(BS it's in an accont somewhere or does it just sit in outer space come on! The second timX-(e I called the rep said it was ebays fault so  we got an ebay rep on the line and she said "I had to have sold 25 items and I had only sold 21" in the last three months.  I asked if there was any way we could fix this and she told me "no"  but she did tell me to have a nice day. Kiss my A**. First of all, they caused me to not send a item for two days because I thought it was an e-check., then i had to write my customer an email saying I was sorry. Way to go ebayX-( X-(if I better not get bad feedback because if you stealing my money !!!!  I (usually keep between $500 and $1000 in my paypal account but no more. X-(

I will be willing to team with anyone who wants to get this on the web or file a formal complaint.  I have never been treated so poorly!

Message 48 of 365
latest reply

racing5k
Enthusiast

Oh yes, by the way, I have a perfect 100% seller rating so far.

Message 49 of 365
latest reply

veschasur
Enthusiast

The number one reason this happens is not because of your feedback ratings, it's the star ratings that cause the holds. For instance if you are below standard on shipping, communication, item as described, etc. Same thing happened to me, over the summer I was swamped with orders, and some took over a week to get out, so it dropped my shipping time rating, and word got back to paypal a month later. You can still using the pending payments for shipping though if you use paypal to print out your printing labels. It will deduct from the pending balance. Not sure when they will release the money as they say it can be done sooner than the 21 days though, this is the first time in my 3 years of selling on ebay it's happened to me.

Message 50 of 365
latest reply

had this happen to me (apparently it activated only recently for some people)...after i finish this last transaction I'm done with Ebay.   worst part is,  my customer is the one who pays the price.

Message 51 of 365
latest reply

Can you tell me what a CC terminal is and how I can get one?  This hold thing is creating a real problem for me......

Message 52 of 365
latest reply

Thanks for the tip.  Took a good look at it.

Message 53 of 365
latest reply

passions.direct
Enthusiast

Paypal does this to me as well. I have 100% positive feedback and am a TRS, however, Paypal still holds the payment and I'm expected to ship anyway.

What is high risk about brand new lingerie?

Nessa

Message 54 of 365
latest reply

Beside this eBay-PayPal new 21 day hold on funds, has anyone noticed that eBay is charging us a fee on the shipping cost also??? Check your seller account and see for your self. The corporate greed at its best, down-right shameful... I guess they have gotten so big that they do not care if they lose a few sellers here and there.

Message 55 of 365
latest reply

We had a local pick up only as the item was too large to ship.  Positive feedback has been left by the buyer stating she has the item, yet ebay will still not release my funds.  I explained to Arnie with Ebay that if I took some items from the store & said I would pay for them in 21 days I would be arrested for shoplifting.  He is not budging & won't release the funds.  Asked for his supervisor and she can't come to the phone.  Argued & held several times & she refuses to come to the phone.  Her name is Claudine.  I am expecting a call from her within an hour so Arnie says.  So I am waiting up until after Midnight my time to have her do her job.

Anyone have any advice on how I can get my money.  This sucks!

Message 56 of 365
latest reply

I know you have read similar before. but please read. we will make it short and sweet.

1. we use ebays calulated shipping

2. we sell high end expensive watches adn jewelry which need to be double boxed as per our insruance company so are a bit heavier. We also sell fine art in frames that are heavy.

3. We use ebay caluclated shipping.

4. We start auctions t one cent with no reserve so we have had a 95% conversion rate.

5. people buy for cheap money since we sell at no reserve

6. people see ebays calulated shipping and bid and win

7. They then leave low dsr's for shipping even though they won for cheap money AND saw and agreed to ebays OWN caluclated shipping.

8. We sell 4.5 million dollars per year and have lost our TRS and even our ABove standard ratting. and paypal was briefly holding over 80,000.00 dollars of our money. (not a misprint... 80k)

9. We lose about 120,000 dollars per year on shipping.

10. now we are shiping everything free so keep selling on ebay (for the last month). If we keep this up we will lose approx 300,000 dollars this year and will have to stop selling on  ebay.

Please think about this. we ae 15 years on ebay we are not scammers.

Message 57 of 365
latest reply

fall573
Enthusiast

This makes me want to stop using ebay. Guess I will start using amazon.

Message 58 of 365
latest reply

lorim321
Enthusiast

I decided that I will never sell on ebay again because of all of this hold nonsence.

Message 59 of 365
latest reply

The 21 day hold has so many people scrambling for an answer or solution. Kissing a lot of Buyer Butt. This is a big issue. The DSR's are set up for big time sellers, selling new items. Most of it is China Crap. The DSR's are based on average sell's. The more you sell the more likely your average will stay low. Hmmm. Ebay has become a China-Mart with no overhead. Ebay was started as a glorified Garage Sale,Swap Meet & Flea Market. This is taken a turn. The big company's have found a nitch here and once again ruined it for the small guy.

I say we have a National Cancel Transaction day for anything that has a 21 day hold. They can't hold on to a refund and it sends a clear message. We should make it last three days. The 22 23 24 Dec. Marry Christmas Ebay and Paypal...

Message 60 of 365
latest reply