cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

electrical crimper

Hello

I have been selling on ebay off and on since 1999.Lately I started back and now have 43 current listings.

My question to the more seasoned sellers is regarding 2 electrical crimpers that i sell.I started out with the Tricrimp which I purchase from a company as a dealer although they are not the manufacturer of the crimper.

After a while I decided to have my own crimper manufactured in quantity at a much lower price.

The problem is that evwn though my crimper is of the same quality but lower priced by $5.00 I still sell as many of the higher priced one's.

Could someone look at the 2 crimpers and give me your thoughts about why this is happening.

My user id is connectorpros

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

electrical crimper

Dont' even have to look.

One is a brand name, which has been around for nearly 15 years. The other is off-brand and a newly introduced product.

Also

Many people believe that the higher the price the better the product. While this is often true, it is not necessarily so. An example is theh igh price and brisk sales of DrDre headphones, a mediocre product with a strong advertising campaign.

And some poeple just go for the lowest price, ignoring quality entirely.

Next time you order, how about this, choose a different colour (don't choose yellow which reads "cheap/ bargain" ) and price it higher than your brand name product.  You don't have to list a lot.

If it sells as wellas the brand name or better than your own product, you've found a new market.

Meanwhile, if both are selling, don't complain.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply