cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best listing day/time to list for the European market?

I sell primarily to the Asian market though routinely sell to Europe. I have my days timed for Asia and U.S. at 9:06 pm Sunday and continue through 10 EST .  I currently have a batch to target primarily Germany and Belgium, while hopefully picking up some U.S. sales in the process. So what do you find as the best-selling practices for this?

Thanks, Mark

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I have found that in the spring and summer months, it's best to end your listings on either Friday evening or early Saturday morning. Wednesdays are usually the best time to find bargains and beat other buyers to the punch.  My husband buys often and he always finds the best deals on wednesdays.

Alesha Danielle Arnold
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I'm confused about all of this too. How do you reach your target audience when you have no idea when they will be looking at ebay? I know that for Coach items Japan is the best target audience...but what time and what day do you start an auction or a new listing? Singapore loves Fossil, but again same problem. I have a friend who has tried explaining it to me but I just don't get it. Russia loves Brahmin and Coach and the United Kingdom seem to love all things fairy garden (but those are all bin and they know where to find me) 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

If you use Fixed Price listings, especially Good Til Cancelled, then any time your customer is looking is when she can buy.

Also many sellers believe that they do better with Fixed Price than with Auction, since they sell more items, at the price they want to get.

And because Fixed Price can be purchased, buyers can drop their purchases into the Shopping Cart and make multiple purchases easily.

It's a 24/7 world of commerce, kids. And it's five o'clock somewhere.

I have noticed that my FP listings (which is effectively all of them) do tend to sell towards the beginning or the end of their sale period, which is when they show up on Ending Soon and Just Listed. Just for the record.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

That's exactly what I mean. Most people (I think) filter through the newly listed or the ending soon first. However, I get very confused as to what time I need to start them. That's one of the reasons I do not run that many auctions. I know Sunday night from 6:30 - 7:15 pm Pacific time is a good time to start auctions in the states, and eventually other countries pick up on it.  But that's all I know. I've tried to figure out what time to start a Sunday morning auction for a target audience in Japan and Singapore but gave up Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hello, I remember while living in Germany (20 years ago) Saturday most shops closed by noon and nothing but gas stations and restaurants where open Sunday. I don't know how this affects the internet viewing habits though. For those targeting Japan etc 9 pm EST seems to work best.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply