cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad & Picture Servers Are Ruining My Ebay Experience!

Each and every page on ebay instantly seizes any browser I use causing long delays or computer freezes which won't clear without ending the process in my Task Manager.

Ebay's ad and picture servers are seizing the browser and taking forever to load if at all. I have opted out of everything possible to my knowledge and run ad blocker too but it's no help. It's time to split up the load on the ad and picture servers to more servers or something because their capacity is seriously bogged down. Who's got time to sit and wait minutes for each page to load? The links don't even go active until all the ads and pictures are fully loaded which is frozen. No navigation, no view, no scroll, can't even close the browser it's so seized by your servers.

Thanks for your prompt and serious consideration and repair of this site issue.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Has nothing to do with any computer, cleaning cookies and so on, this happens when eBay servers stall which has been happening about 20 times a day or so for the last 4 or 5 days, all you can do is close your browser out and come back again.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

eBay will not fix the issue. You should install an ad blocker in your broswer.

Install free AdBlockPlus to block most ads in your browser. I have used it for years and many other eBay members too. It works for eBay and other web sites. This tool speeds up working on eBay a lot without all the moving ads.

www.adblockplus.org

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I have that ad blocker installed already. I appreciate your efforts. For what it's worth, I am actually attempting to get ebay to solve the issue for us all.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I'm in your camp, on your side.

What you'll learn is that each of us is seeing something different.

That's right. You were singled out. 

I have been bombarded with ads.

Now I see very few, while you are under an avalanche.

These things are highly choreographed.

Well, maybe not 'highly', maybe sloppily.

Point being, this isn't something you can fix through customer service.

Now, if you knew someone on the board.....How much stock do you own? 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

For two days, I've had a long-running script error only when going into MyEbay that locks up my computer.   Everything works fine on any other page on eBay.   So frustrating to have to wait and wait and click and click on Recover buttons and Stop Script buttons and after about 20 minutes, it will finally work.   Wish they would leave all the new and improving things alone and just let the site work for a change.

I notice a new listing page the past two days that they say will make our listing and relisting time so much easier and simple.    Hahahaa      I just can't access the page to print the shipping label unless I wait for 20 minutes while I jump through hoops.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

For two days, I've had a long-running script error only when going into MyEbay that locks up my computer.   Everything works fine on any other page on eBay.

If everything else works fine.......sounds like a stuck cookie for that page...... ie. there was an original problem and everytime it's going back to the same page/path with the error......

I'd try clearing cache..........

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Has nothing to do with any computer, cleaning cookies and so on, this happens when eBay servers stall which has been happening about 20 times a day or so for the last 4 or 5 days, all you can do is close your browser out and come back again.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I hear ya. Everything was fine for about a week then this began. I've seen the same thing on youtube.com with Google's ad servers too. Of course there are mass of website online which carry this issue since a lot of folks tend to put too many ads on a page thereby overloading it to crash or lock up. When you get numerous ads and maybe a couple are animated or flash ads then you really land a bog down. Point is, it's not just ebay, happens all over the web. Thanks for replies yall. I appreciate it.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

If that be the case, all they've accomplished is running me off the site which I was spending money on every day. I.e: You're telling me that they run off buyers by targetting their browsers. Why would ebay want to chase off buyers. Wouldn't sellers object? That makes no sense. Unless it's just something personnal by someone in their employ. With an account of less than a week, I'd think it a long shot that I'd run into enemies but I guess it's possible since the innocent have always been targets of tyranny in this world. I'd rather consider another possibility but remain open minded.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Bugs, plants, & weeds will be here forever but Ebay will not.

Yep i am with you russell i have the same problem and have tried all i know to no avail.

Keep getting java script message say i need to reload it form internet have done this and java is always loaded. but again to no avail.

I am sure we will get some satisfaction at some stage and we can go on Ebaying when the powers that be inject some love our way.

Cheers . ange.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Yes, AdBlock will stop most ad loading. Donate to their efforts!
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

On your adblock plus open up Filter Preferences and uncheck Allow some non-intrusive Advertising.

Then install Ghostery(browser extension)..thats should remove most if not all and Ebay will still work great. Hope this helps.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

ublock origin is better adblock . also install noscript
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

WHY is the Ebay website SO SLOW? WHY can't you fix it? Pages take 10+ seconds to load etc. -- EVERY PAGE!  

IT IS NOT MY COMPUTER.  ONLY Ebay.com is slow -- every other site that I visit is fast.

ONLY Ebay is slow.  

I know how to clear caches; close other windows; add flash & gif blockers, reset modem and router --- STILL EBAY IS PAINFULLY SLOW.

If I have an Ebay window open, it bogs down my computer & every other site too.

Once Ebay closed, all sites are fast again.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I SECOND YOUR COMPLAINT!!! HAVING THE EXACT SAME ISSUES!
Message 15 of 15
latest reply