cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

I just inherited a big box of my grandma's stamp collection with really old stamps from all over the world some were never taken out of their original books and are still sticky some have postmarks others have wax paper protecting them. There are thousands of them. Have no clue where to start. I'll see if I can post some pics on here.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Help

Hello scubajohnny,

From the images we can see that there are many "common" stamps within. Noting damage to the closer imaged stamps reducing value considerably. The unused U.S. stamps have value as to the face value since you can still use them for postage.

You never know though if there may be a "gem" within the collection. You can go to your local main branch library and research them with the Scott catalogs. Also you can visit the Colnet online catalog to get an idea of what you have.

From there you can go here on eBay and compare and research what the going pricing is for the individual stamps and/or collections. I hope this helps you in getting started. Stamp collecting is "more" than a lot of people think in terms of research and valuation of philatelic material. Takes....a lot of time.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply