cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud Alert! Massive amounts of "rare" stamps being sold on ebay as authentic.

There are 2 sellers selling fake german and some other overprint stamps, and have been (at least since November 2020, maybe longer).  And they still are today!  Both sellers are using the same fake certification marks and selling similar stamps and they are both located in the same city in Romania (even though one shows they are in Austria). And they are not the only ones, I found several more. I've bought stamps from several of their auctions and had them checked with BPP in Germany. Their response every time was that the overprints are fake, and the certification marks are fake. And checking the other stamps I had, they all had the fake certification marks.   Even cancellations are faked for stamps that are worth more cancelled.  German colonies (NeuGuinea, Samoa, Togo, Marianen, G.R.I. overprints, etc.), China overprints on Germania stamps, C.I.H.S. overprints on Germania stamps, Sarre fakes, Danzig overprints, Deutche Reich overprints, Gelber Hund, Vinetas, inflation marks, russia overprints, Polska, Sudetenland and many more.   They each auction about 100-300 "rare" stamps per week. At least 5,000 fake stamps in the last few months. I reported them and returned the ones I bought, but you have to do it as soon as possible. This image shows a sample of their stamps, and also what the certification marks should look like. The overprints are noticeably fake under magnification. If you bought any stamps from them, they are 100% guaranteed fakes.  You can compare the certification marks with the real ones here: https://briefmarken-pruefer.de/de/suche-nach-briefmarken-pruefern.html Comparison of real certification marks with fake onesComparison of real certification marks with fake ones

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I also found that there was a massive counterfeit stamp ring operating in 2000-2002 on ebay.  The stamps were know as "Hialeah Forgeries".  http://marshall.csu.edu.au/Marshalls/html/Stamps/Hialeah/Hialeah.html#Quality

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If you download the image I uploaded of the comparison of real vs. fake certification marks, you can zoom in to see the fake certification marks better - it's a hi-res image 2550x3300.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

This is likely to affect the value of genuine stamp collections , not to mention that it is unlawful . What if people use these things for postage . I would bet that the Secret Service or FBI would get involved to end this 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply