cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEFECTS

Can't believe that ebay is unable to correct their mistakes. A buyer failed to pay the shipping costs and wouldn't answer my emails for two weeks. I canceled the sale based on his failure to pay. Ebay charged me with a defect and suspended my account. The buyer then two weeks later said he didn't see my emails and still wanted the item. I relisted and he paid the extra shipping. I told ebay about this issue and they still won't remove the defect. They are just wanting to charge me the extra final settlement fees and not correct the problem. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: DEFECTS

You'll need to further explain what happened. 

You say that you "canceled the sale based on his failure to pay." How did you cancel? 

If 4 days passed from the time of the sale and you went to the order and canceled (as per ebay policy), the buyer would have gotten a non-payment strike and ebay would NOT have "charged me with a defect and suspended my account." 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You'll need to further explain what happened. 

You say that you "canceled the sale based on his failure to pay." How did you cancel? 

If 4 days passed from the time of the sale and you went to the order and canceled (as per ebay policy), the buyer would have gotten a non-payment strike and ebay would NOT have "charged me with a defect and suspended my account." 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

what do you mean "failed to pay shipping costs"?

Do you mean failed to pay?

If the buyer failed to pay, you cancel after 4 day for failure to pay.

What extra shipping? You can only charge shipping per the original listing. You can not charge more after the item is bought.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I don't understand how he paid for the item and not the shipping.  I don't remember seeing that option.  Did you fail to add shipping costs to your item?  or did you find out that shipping was more then you charged?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The first time he never paid the invoice. When I relisted based on the fact that he won't reply to my emails he paid the same amount. I guess he decided that in oder to get the item he would have to pay the invoiced amount. The problem is ebay decided that since he didn't want the time for the shipping costs then I still was not allowed to cancel the sale. Ebay shouldn't be holding this over my head when the buyer didn't want the item. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply