cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wow shipping has changed allot

I have been off EBAY selling for awhile about 4 years and the shipping cost have went up 100percent and more in some form or fashion,  Years ago a package that was under 13oz was cheap now it is 7.34 to almost 8.00 ,  I had known that rates went up but not to that degree,  the same package ;under 13oz that once cost 3.50 is now well over 7.00.  I realize cost do go up , but wow.  even a large envelope needs measurements . 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I notice it too.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Some new changes  by USPS happened too for the good too - e.g.

1.  First Class Package when  bought thru eBay  provides shipping cost for packages up to 15.99 oz from  about $2.50 to about $5.50 depending on weight a ship to  zone.

2.  Priority Regional Rate A boxes (two  styles - top or end opening) can be a  $ saver for items over two lbs. when shipped near by  - I save $ shipping to Michigan and Texas from GA. and  places in between depending on shipping zone.

3.  Get ready USPS will have a price increase in January around the 20th or so -  UPS & FedEx will too but in late Dec.  Watch for the Annoucements from eBay.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Not good for internet sellers since some buyers are being cost conscious and don't have deep pockets of cash.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@noseytola wrote: ...  Years ago a package that was under 13oz was cheap now it is 7.34 to almost 8.00 ...

Where did you get those prices?  The maximum postage cost for a 13-ounce package is $6.27 (retail, to Zone 8 & 9). If you purchase your postage through eBay, you can use First Class package for weights up to 15.999 ounces and the maximum postage would be $5.53.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply