cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tracking shows item delivered, buyer left negative feedback, ebay denied to remove feedback!

i feel so much disappointed, as Top rated seller , offering free returns and concierge member of ebay. my case is very legit, buyer already received the item and tracking also shows its delivered but buyer left me negative feedback saying " Never received item" very clearly false feedback, i call helpline first representative told me its removeable and qualify for removal but asked me to submit request through seller hub, i did and they denied , i call ebay helpline again and second one told me its not qualify and they denied me for removal of feedback by saying " its a platform and buyer can leave any feedback and its not removeable and he said also ebay does not check accuracy of feedback any more.  its seems ebay cs not well trained and trashing sellers not even stand behind their words.

its clearly shows ebay intention for sellers how much they care about sellers and giving reasons to sellers to move from this platform. that proves why so many scammers are increasing on ebay.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: tracking shows item delivered, buyer left negative feedback, ebay denied to remove feedback!

Tell the buyer to open a not received case to get a refund. Then when they lose eBay should remove the negative.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: tracking shows item delivered, buyer left negative feedback, ebay denied to remove feedback!

Leave a professional reply:

Item shipped [date]. [USPS/carrier] confirms delivery on [date]. If you need assistance please don't hesitate to send us a message.

In the past eBay has always removed FB saying item wasn't delivered when the seller has tracking proving delivery, but ever since the Fall eBay has been more strict about FB removal. I'm not sure what they would do today, but this seems like something you could get removed.

It's possible eBay won't remove it unless the buyer files a non-receipt claim that's found in your favor.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Tell the buyer to open a not received case to get a refund. Then when they lose eBay should remove the negative.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

How do you know for sure the buyer received the item?

Just because tracking shows it was delivered, as screwed up as USPS is now, it's possible they didn't receive it.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@fab_finds4u wrote:

Yes but be careful about your wording. Don't tell the buyer to open the claim "to get a refund" because that can be seen as the seller promising a refund and the buyer could file a chargeback saying the seller did not process a refund that was promised.

Better to say something like:

If you have not received the item you can file a non-receipt claim through eBay on this page: (insert link)

eBay will evaluate the transaction and make a determination.

I also suggest checking with your mail carrier to see if they remember where they left the package. If it's a case of porch theft, that should be reported to the post office and your local police.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

and how you know that buyer did not receive the item? thats why people use tracking number . its so simple.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for your suggestion, i appreciate.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I'm in a similar situation right now with another seller. Received the envelope and tracking shows it was "delivered", but I opened it and saw that they just sent an empty envelope. Seller is insistent the item was shipped and would not issue a replacement or refund. She sort of blamed USPS/said someone may have gotten into the envelope and taken the product. I opened a case and requested Ebay to refund me. Within less than an hour of me opening the case, they closed my case and replied since the seller provided tracking information that shows it was delivered I wouldn't get a refund. They also removed the negative review I left. Seller has done this with another buyer who ended up receiving a refund leaving a positive review. I'm in the process of appealing it right now, but I'm not hopeful. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Hi @redhibiscus . I suggest starting a brand new discussion on the Buying board where your post won't be lost on a seller's post about a different situation. This will get you the most relevant advice for what you're dealing with.

Buying board:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/bd-p/bidding-buying-db

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Ah, will do, thank you!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply