cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still waiting for a refund on a voided label

it says to give it up to 15 days. today is day 15. i knew this would happen, because it happened the last time i voided a label.

have they resorted to flat out theft now?

what do i have to do here

*sigh*

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Business days, not calendar days @coinsnioc . And in my experience it can sometimes take an extra week.

Did you check your funding source? Credit will appear on your original funding source with no email confirmation.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

What kind of label was it?

Last USPS  label I voided, it was almost 4 weeks to receive the refund.

If it was Standard Envelope, those are not refundable.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/labels-packaging-tips/buying-printing-shipping-labe...

USPS: You have 5 days to void a USPS shipping label that you printed on eBay, and it can take up to 21 days for USPS to approve or reject the refund. If it's approved, you'll receive an email that you have been refunded

Hi kyle@ebay . I know you have escalated this in the past, but that line above about "you'll receive an email that you have been refunded" is not true and has not been for years. Can you send in another request for that page to be updated? Thanks.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Shipping label refunds will show as a refunded charge in your transaction details and goes back to the payment source you used to pay for the label. 
There will be no notification that you received the refund. At least lve never received a notification, just noticed the refund. 
IMG_1282.jpeg

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

That's only if you pay for labels using available funds on eBay @ebooksdiva - which a lot of sellers do!

If you paid for the label through PayPal, you will not see it on your transaction details. You will see it on your PayPal funding source (in my case, my credit card statement). I use my credit card for the cash back. 🙂

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

It should still be in the transaction details regardless of how its paid. 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

That's not how it works when you use PayPal. I've had a few voided labels and not a single one appears in my transaction details because eBay did not process through managed payments.

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I didn't know that. I don't have Paypal anymore. I usually pay for shipping labels with my bank account or available funds. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Yep, you'll probably see a lot of posts between now and April from sellers asking how to get their shipping label totals for the year. Sellers that use available funds can download a transaction report through eBay.

Sellers that use PayPal for eBay labels have zero ability to download a report - they have to go to PayPal and/or their PayPal funding source (credit card, bank) to access the info.

Good info to keep in the back of your mind as those threads pop up. 🙂

I've been pushing eBay for years to create shipping label reporting, regardless of funding source. Perhaps one day they will build that out.

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/labels-packaging-tips/buying-printing-shipping-labe...

USPS: You have 5 days to void a USPS shipping label that you printed on eBay, and it can take up to 21 days for USPS to approve or reject the refund. If it's approved, you'll receive an email that you have been refunded

Hi kyle@ebay . I know you have escalated this in the past, but that line above about "you'll receive an email that you have been refunded" is not true and has not been for years. Can you send in another request for that page to be updated? Thanks.

Hey @wastingtime101 thanks for checking in.  I'll be glad to pass it along to the appropriate team again.  

Kyle,
eBay
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I voided and asked for refund and never got one. I always use available funds on ebay. Not holding my breath. It's been at least 5 months. I don't count on ebay  for anything. When selling on ebay, you're on your own.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

There is a report available to you IF you use Paypal to fund eBay shipping labels....

It is line item here under selling costs (expand fees to shipping labels):

https://www.ebay.com/sh/performance/sales

This is only applicable if you use ebay labels (available funds or paypal)

It does not reflect labels bought 'off-site' (pirateship, UPS direct, FedX account, etc....)

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Not so much a report @monica-sells as one lump sum. 😉

But will suit some sellers' needs.

Currently there is no report (e.g., by line item) available through eBay for shipping labels purchased through eBay and paid for via PayPal.

GLORIOUS!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@umccars wrote:

I voided and asked for refund and never got one. I always use available funds on ebay. Not holding my breath. It's been at least 5 months. I don't count on ebay  for anything. When selling on ebay, you're on your own.

Voids are handled by USPS, not by eBay. If it's been 5 months you waited too long @umccars . When the refund is not processed within 4 weeks it's time to contact customer service to see if they can assist. Void requests will be rejected if the label has any scans.

GLORIOUS!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply