cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping trading cards to canada

Does anyone know if I can use ebay standard envelope for shipping trading cards to Canada. I have been using ebay international but it costs over $10 for shipping to Canada and I am trying to find a cheaper way as I loose sales because of shipping charge. I think usps first class is an option but I do not know if it will show up properly at checkout and let me do it. Looks like it would be about $1.50 postage for regular envelope. Any advice on how anyone selling cards deals with this is helpful and much appreciated.

Thank you 

Jason

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Did you ever get an answer on this?  

I would also like to know how people ship small dollar amount cards from USA to Canada?

First Class Mail International seems rather exhorbitant in cost for low weight/low dollar cards.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

No, you can't use standard envelope outside of the US.

If you want to send the less expensive items  first class in a regular envelope you will have to use a stamp as you can't print a label on ebay for that.  You would set up a flat rate for shipping.  I know that a lot of Canadians ship cards that way to the US with few problems however, since there is no tracking there is a risk. 

You might want to look into using Pirateship for some of your labels.  I haven't used it but I'm sure that I've read there was a less expensive way to ship outside of the US with tracking. I 'think' the price was around $6 but I could be wrong.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I manage to ship 4 trading cards (Star Trek) in a standard envelope with thin cardboard (bendable)inside the envelope to Canada and even United Kingdom for $1.40. We do get a better deal shipping to Canada(Canada is cheaper than other countries) than other countries as far as weight. I learned that by visiting my post office and using stamps. Tracking is necessary for expensive items but not for something that is less than 10 bucks. I have mailed quite a bit of my Star Trek trading cards to United Kingdom with 4 inside for $1.40. Had no problems. If buyer bought 8 cards I would use 2 standard envelopes and email him I use 2 envelopes.  Every nickel and dime we save adds up.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You are not supposed to ship any merchandise outside the US in as a letter, has to be a first class pacakge international. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply