cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller Protection protection garbage! lastest ez scam- return!

rethink making fair business with Ebay as a seller, I am a Top Rated seller with around 600 transactions.  I got my status from the ground no store and I take pride in my sales and work to make them.  I have no store or factory, I get all my deals from  local purchases, buy and sale apps, classifieds, repair trades,  etc.  I am a firm believer of treat ppl how you want to be treated and with that I am no scam seller.  This is mainly how I made top Rated seller and I understand everyone has a budget so my items are cheap and true.  I do everything Ebay ask me and I been getting scammed and they are honoring it!  Buyer bought laptop claimed it never worked, down talked me like I was a crook and request return under defective/not as described.  Shipped it back to me and I found out parts were removed/tampered or swapped parts   and acknowledged it and he did not fully confess like in court with a video and he was covered!!!!  Free return shipping at no cost and his full money back, EZ money!!!  My side,  automatic refund from my account, plus return shipping fee, plus a  strike on my seller performance and I have damaged non working laptop!  This has happened twice this year.  I dnt know what Ebay has changed this year but its not working in our favor as small sellers not to mention all the increasing fees.   Looks like they are trying to weed us out and its working for me.  My start, I am no longer offering free returns!  There is no way to win or be successful like this and I dnt like the head ache.  This is very frustrating and disappointing!  If there is a alternative or site in this category then Im all for it!  This is he beginning of a burn site where you get what you need and go!!!!

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I've pulled all my listings from ebay since their new return policy. Lost money on last two large sales. People know that they can complain and get things for free now, ebay if a joke. No longer worth using ebay, good luck to all sellers finding a new place to do business.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

You are in a category with a higher shrink (retail for product loss including theft, broken products, ect).  It is unfortunate but, you need to plan the cost of shrink into your sales prices.  If this means you need to charge a little more, that is what you have to do. 

Theft is a parts of any retail.  It is part of retail to keep shrink in mind and cover it.  In your category, you need to consider a higher shrink as a norm.  

One nice thing though, when you do your taxes, you can deduct your shrink in all forms from your taxes.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@miltgreg613 wrote:

I've pulled all my listings from ebay since their new return policy. Lost money on last two large sales. People know that they can complain and get things for free now, ebay if a joke.

Something like this in the description or the 12 photos.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/X4EAAOSwGI9bvfWU/s-l2000.jpg

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Ridiculous! What are they going to do when everyone  catch on???

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Everyone has caught on
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Make sure you file fraud with the PO and there is an FBI link to do the same.  They want to play, you can play too.  I file every time this happens with both agencies.  People will tell you they will not investigate for under x dollars which is true, that being said these people usually hit x dollars pretty quick.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

thanks for reply! what is the PO?

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@plan_b_electronic wrote:

thanks for reply! what is the PO?

https://uspis.gov/contactUs/filecomplaint.aspx

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

complaint filed!
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@autopartspuller wrote:

You are in a category with a higher shrink (retail for product loss including theft, broken products, ect).  It is unfortunate but, you need to plan the cost of shrink into your sales prices.  If this means you need to charge a little more, that is what you have to do. 

That often leads to zero sales on common items. Buyers here sort by lowest price so if your item isn't at the top of the list, it won't sell.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

@autopartspuller wrote:

That often leads to zero sales on common items. Buyers here sort by lowest price so if your item isn't at the top of the list, it won't sell.

The OP is selling used/refurbished Laptops.  While there are a lot of things in these categories, the used ones vary in price and sell for a wide range of prices.  My comment is very relevant to the OP

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Last year I was looking here for laptop. Entered the desired specs like RAM, HD type and size, OS, etc. Search spits out 125 results from the cheapest on up. Went with the third one down since they had better feedback than the first two. It ain't rocket science.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

Last year I was looking here for laptop. Entered the desired specs like RAM, HD type and size, OS, etc. Search spits out 125 results from the cheapest on up. Went with the third one down since they had better feedback than the first two. It ain't rocket science.

125 results are not that many.  Out of those, how many were used/refurbished?  I actually have searched for 3 different laptops within the past 6 months (once for myself & two for family) All three times I bought neither new or the cheapest available.  Actually only one of the three was in the first ten options.... but maybe I am pickier than some people about what I purchase.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Included used and Dell in my search criteria. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply