cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

postage costs charged to bank account when I have money in my ebay balance

Why are my postage costs being charged to my bank account even when there is money in my ebay balance?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@minigamer 

How are you paying for shipping, Pay Pal or pending funds?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Make sure that your setting for shipping is set to pull the funds from your account. Also ,  are there enough funds left in the account to pay for the shipping. Remember that ebay takes out their fees and also postal rates just went up this weekend.  Maybe Ebay sent the funds to your bank before you printed the label. Perhaps there was not enough money in the account.

I never have this problem since I have set my shipping to pull the funds from PAYPAL which has a credit card set .  This way ,  I make 2% in bonus points for every shipping label that I print and ebay NEVER gets their grubby hands on my bank funds.  I , personally,  love it when ebay has to pay fees to credit card companies. That is why I have never ever paid for ebay shipping with Ebay managed payment funds.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for your responses.  Here's an example from yesterday: According to the eBay Payments Report I had $79.37 in available funds, and I purchased postage for $14 which was charged to my bank account.  The available funds balance today is still $79.37.   Every postage transaction I've made for the past six months has worked like this.  In My eBay Payout Settings under this bank account the 'Preferred for Selling Costs' option has not been checked, so as far as I can tell the postage costs should be debited against my available funds.  Is there someplace else I should be looking?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@minigamer wrote:

Thanks for your responses.  Here's an example from yesterday: According to the eBay Payments Report I had $79.37 in available funds, and I purchased postage for $14 which was charged to my bank account.  The available funds balance today is still $79.37.   Every postage transaction I've made for the past six months has worked like this.  In My eBay Payout Settings under this bank account the 'Preferred for Selling Costs' option has not been checked, so as far as I can tell the postage costs should be debited against my available funds.  Is there someplace else I should be looking?

How the postage is paid, depends on if you chose Pending Funds or Pay Pal.

Next time you buy a shipping label, scroll to the bottom of the page and select to pay using the Pending Funds.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks, I’ll try that on my next sale.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@minigamer 

Go to your PayPal account and check your Wallet. If you want the funds to come from your PayPal balance, tick that to be the 'Preferred method of payment while shopping online'. It sounds to me like your setting is now set to pull from your attached bank account. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks Kensgiftshop, selecting 'Pay Using Pending Funds' when buying the shipping label worked.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply