cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost top rated discounts because to slow shipping??

I can't believe it. I have been a Top Rated seller for years now. As soon as an item sells, I print the label that night or 1st thing the next morning. I run to the Post Office at lease 4 days a week. I looked at the list of 'slow' shipping items and the ones I can see due to the 90 day rule, look like they are within the time frame. Not slow.

Sales are down and I am thinking Ebay is 'cooking the books' to save the 10% discount for themselves.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

eBay doesn't give defects for slow shipping ... they give defects if your items do not get the initial postal scan within your stated handling time.  

This is why it is important to stand in line and get the scan rather than dropping off packages and risking not getting a scan.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

eBay doesn't give defects for slow shipping ... they give defects if your items do not get the initial postal scan within your stated handling time.  

This is why it is important to stand in line and get the scan rather than dropping off packages and risking not getting a scan.

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
My shipping metrics went from 100% for years to a 97.85% because of the USPS. My items are ALWAYS scanned, if not the next day after a sale, a full day before my handling time ends. The package that hurt me WAS scanned the day AFTER the purchase and contained 2 items. That flipping package bounced in and OUT of San Francisco 5 TIMES before being delivered to it's San Francisco address, 10 DAYS late. So it isn't just getting your items scanned on time, your shipping metrics get affected by the USPS's actions. I don't have that TRSPlus status to worry about and I I don't doubt your claim.
Message 3 of 29
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:
That flipping package bounced in and OUT of San Francisco 5 TIMES before being delivered to it's San Francisco address, 10 DAYS late. So it isn't just getting your items scanned on time, your shipping metrics get affected by the USPS's actions. I don't have that TRSPlus status to worry about and I I don't doubt your claim.

I've had several packages delayed and/or misrouted by the shipper, and I have never experienced a ding from eBay.  If eBay's system messed up and gave you a late shipping ding for a package that had its initial scan within your handling time, then you can call up eBay and get it removed.

The requirement for delivery from the Seller Dashboard reads:

• If you ship on time and upload validated tracking or your buyers tell us the shipment was on time when they leave feedback, you're all set.
  • For this requirement, we look at your transactions during the past 3 (or 12) months. To be a Top Rated Seller, 95.00% of your transactions must have tracking uploaded within your stated handling time, in addition to receiving a carrier scan.

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

ok. Looks like the courier is at fault here. Two Packages were never scanned by the local Post Office where the item was taken, and being in a small town, we do not have a Fed Ex store. Just a drop off center... where they do not scan (says it cost them too much ?)

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

@Anonymous

@orangehound 

1.  Agree with Orangehound 100%. 

2.  Have always  maintain an on time record of 100%  over 1539 items  shipped since day one selling in Jan. 20, 2010.   An on occasions I have  had packages ping pong around the USA or  just take a Gran Tour of it, but in all cases the packages were in the  hands of USPS  on or before my one day handling time.

3.  newportpls  your on time shipping rate of 97%+ still maintains your TRS status. should you fall below  the threshold of 95% you will  have a 90 day grace period to recover to above 95% - beats a stick in the eye &  very doable.  Lost my TRS status in 2015  due to annual $ & unit volume.  Had a real problem at home & eBay selling took a back seat.  But still maintain a high level of customer service  for our buyers.  41  years in real  tete-a-tete selling taught me that.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 6 of 29
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

I disagree.  I just lost my TRS (not Plus) due to 2 packages that were shipped late, and 1 package that did not have an acceptance scan.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

@disneyshopper wrote:

@orangehound wrote:

I disagree.  I just lost my TRS (not Plus) due to 2 packages that were shipped late, and 1 package that did not have an acceptance scan.

Ummm .... I'm confused.  You said you disagree, but then the next sentence says exactly what I wrote.  Did you mean to write "I agree".

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

@disneyshopper wrote:

@orangehound wrote:

If your shipment has an acceptance scan within your handling time the item can take 3 years to get delivered. It's not going to count against you on ebay and any feedback mentioning slow delivery will be removed.

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

Hi They they have stupid star rating system , I am trying to tell them for long time

that seller "DO NOT DELIVER " sellers "DISPATCHES" with other party such as courier or Royal Mail if they mess up why seller gets "Penalised "  I told the time & time eBay don't care !!!!!!!!!!

Happen to me too , I wort letter as well still waiting for respond !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told them to change it to Dispatched time have a look at it ,

they all dum nuts  Regards Ron 

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

This happens to me, too, even if I watch the scan being done. Over the years, I have come to the realization that eBay only  truly cares about the buyers and not the sellers. Many reasons for this statement. The latest gripe is that I cannot choose to not relist an fixed price item when it ends. It is automatically re-listed, unless I stop the listing on the last day. With 1,200+ items listed, this is impossible. As a result, they go over my 1000 free listings with my store subscription, charging me 10cents per. Again, they only care about the buyers, not the sellers.

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

If a seller does NOT get an acceptance scan within his/her handling time (let's say within 1-day), but gets an acceptance scan on day 2 or 3, then shipping =IS= late, and ebay records a defect for slow shipping.

disneyshopper

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

I go to my Active Listings everyday.  I have those listings sorted in a descending order, so the listings that are ending soonest will be at the top.  If I do not want them to automatically relist, I END them before they will automatically relist.

I let the GTC listings run for 3-5 months, and then I END them.  I will relist them in a week or so.  That way those listings get a new item number and will then show up as "newly listed."

disneyshopper

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

@disneyshopper wrote:

If a seller does NOT get an acceptance scan within his/her handling time (let's say within 1-day), but gets an acceptance scan on day 2 or 3, then shipping =IS= late, and ebay records a defect for slow shipping.

You are half right. If the item is delivered on time there isn't a defect. As long as the tracking is uploaded on time the item either has to ship/be scammed on time or be delivered on time.

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

@dulciecat wrote:

This happens to me, too, even if I watch the scan being done. Over the years, I have come to the realization that eBay only  truly cares about the buyers and not the sellers. Many reasons for this statement. The latest gripe is that I cannot choose to not relist an fixed price item when it ends. It is automatically re-listed, unless I stop the listing on the last day. With 1,200+ items listed, this is impossible. As a result, they go over my 1000 free listings with my store subscription, charging me 10cents per. Again, they only care about the buyers, not the sellers.I

I use INKFROG to list and  control my inventory.  They have a widget that ends the listings automatically before they relist.    Great car avAilable as well.  I rather pay them 15.00 a month to use all they have to offer them pay feebay  delisting fees that are forced

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 15 of 29
latest reply