cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

large envelope labels not available to purchase

i have dozens of listings where usps large envelope was an option for shipping, old photos, postcards, etc..  but when the item sells and i try to purchase the label, it isnt even an option...  why?????

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@nerdarsenal 

If you were planning to ship by USPS First Class Large Envelope, that option is not available to eBay sellers, along with other USPS First Class shipping options, except for the eBay Standard Envelope, which you CAN purchase for postcards.

Sellers on eBay have been told that eBay does not offer that option, since eBay is not offered a discount on USPS First Class mail.

Which admittedly doesn't make much sense anymore, since eBay sellers are no longer offered a discount on USPS Media postage -- although that option STILL remains available for printing labels (probably left over from the years when eBay sellers WERE provided a discount for USPS Media labels).

So you'll just have to stand in line at the post office, unfortunately, or ship at USPS Ground Advantage (which IS one of the shipping options provided to eBay sellers).

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

eBay allows sellers to offer that service @nerdarsenal , however they do not sell those labels as they are untracked. To use that service you can use postage stamps, buy untracked labels at stamps.com if you have an account there, or buy shipping at the post office.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I understand that your trying to sound knowledgeable, and that you know what your talking about, but....  why is usps large envelope a shipping option available to choose when making a listing, but not available to buy when listing sells??  Obviously a bug of some sort, that's why it's posted here.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The same reason Retail Ground was offered, but you couldn't buy the label through Ebay, you had to buy it at the PO.

Ebay likes to give seller as many options avaliable, but you can't buy all of them through Ebay.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@nerdarsenal 

"why is usps large envelope a shipping option available to choose when making a listing, but not available to buy when listing sells??  Obviously a bug of some sort, that's why it's posted here."

Similarly to what I previously mentioned regarding the eBay shipping option for USPS Media, (which currently provides no discount from the USPS counter price), the option for USPS First Class Large Envelopes may once have been a viable choice on eBay -- but no longer. 

And the same thing might eventually happen with USPS Media labels on eBay, as well -- first available to choose as a shipping option when listing, but then not able to finally purchase at check-out.   Think of it as kind of an eBay programmer's "bait and switch" boo-boo.

And I totally agree with you -- it's a programming glitch -- just another one that the eBay IT folks haven't bothered to change -- and I wouldn't expect to see any change in the immediate future.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@1786davycrockett wrote:

And I totally agree with you -- it's a programming glitch -- just another one that the eBay IT folks haven't bothered to change -- and I wouldn't expect to see any change in the immediate future.

I disagree with that "haven't bothered to change" statement - eBay just recently added large envelope in the past few months. It was long overdue and it's a positive change.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Sometimes I have large envelope available to print label but identical item listed same time won’t have that as an option to print label. That’s so annoying!!!! And shipping cost affects what price I list an item for! 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@idledame wrote:

Sometimes I have large envelope available to print label ...

I have been selling on eBay since 1999 and have never been offered labels for First Class large envelopes. Are you sure you're not referring to the special tracked First Class "standard" envelopes that eBay offers for stamps, postcards, etc., popularly referred to as ESE?  That postage is available through eBay but only for a short list of selected categories, which would explain why it's available for some items but not for others.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/choosing-a-carrier-and-service/ebay-standard-envelope

Message 9 of 9
latest reply