cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item shows as delivered, but on tracking number usps it returns back to seller

hello. I ordered an item and paid for it. when it said it was delivered I was confused because I did not receive it. then I checked a tracking number in Google and it said insufficient address. item is returning back to the seller. my address was correct because the next day I received another item from another seller without a problem. so either usps messed up or seller gave the wrong address. neither usps nor seller contacts me. i am explaining ebay with all my evidence that i do not have an item(screenshots of the tracking number on USPS page, which says the item is returned back to seller. i appealed and ebay still declined and did not give me my refund. then one live agent here recommended filling return request. could you tell me if it will help me to get my refund back? it was a large amount of money so I am not going to lose it. thanks in advance

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

item shows as delivered, but on tracking number usps it returns back to seller

The first thing you should do @waterishealthy is go to your local post office and ask them to look up the package in their system. Bring a copy of your eBay order with address and tracking number and ask them to verify if the address in their system matches the address on your order.

If it's a match then ask them why the package was returned.

Either way, you should get them to write a note on USPS letterhead that you can provide to eBay to appeal your claim.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply