cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can send a combined invoice for 6 items to a foreign buyer with shipping included?

a uk customer bought six items and i can't send an invoice

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

how can send a combined invoice for 6 items to a foreign buyer with shipping included?

International Buyers cannot get a combined invoice yet....maybe one day.

I bascially tell buyer to pay for each item and I will send a refund on combined shipping in one of the items. It works for me.

Just in case you didn't know "refunds" are given out immediately from any "available funds" being released soon. I usually wait until I have "0" funds in "available funds" before I do a refund. The "negative" balance in "available funds" for a day or two doesn't bother me.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Those items ship by eBay International Shipping (eIS)

At this time only a limited # of sellers are in a "test" for combined shipping.

eIS does not allow sellers to send an invoice as they are not shipping directly to the customer, and do nt know the  total cost.

General suggestion is to contact the buyer about cancelling, and doing a single listing at an agreed upon price. Then cancel at "buyer request" and create the listing.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

these are eIS sales, and individual, ongoing from the hub, shipping charges would be applied making it impractical $ wise for the buyer in the OP's situation

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

So seller is using USPS standard shipping for domestic and using EIS for International Shipping?

Perhaps if buyer didn't used EIS he would be able to combine 6 items by using USPS registered mail which would be cheaper than EIS as not being able to combine 6 items. And seller now might lose this buyer now since seller cannot combine like doing USPS registered mailing combined. Sad.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Yes, if not in eIS .............. the seller could combine shipping for this buyer, and invoice taking complete responsibility for the shipping.

If in eIS the "international" buyer is not given a "choice".

eBay is working on the eIS "combined", but only some sellers have been invited to be the "test rabbits".

Not sure what categories are in the test. Categories is being worked on.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

So, as a seller of stamps and he a seller of coins....most buyers are honest. I have never had anything lost with tracking or with registered mail overseas. Most of our buyers...him and I usually have a buyer only buy one item...it's that kind of a generation.  Because him and I sell the same kinds of items...him coins...I stamps...we as sellers depend on "repeat buyers". This buyer might not be happy with the shipping results...not buy...and probably wouldn't become a "repeat buyer". I take "complete responsibility of my shipping" and I guess I been lucky this year...knock on wood.

Of course, looking at a buyer with 0 feedback and is a new registered user might change how I mail...or not mail expensive items out.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Messaging with the buyer in this situation could well lead to a satisfied customer.  If they were to be able to purchase those desired items in a listing set up with just those items, the shipping ,.........   even through the eIS program, would be much more attractive than what is currently presented to the buyer.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

International Buyers cannot get a combined invoice yet....maybe one day.

They can if the seller ships direct. They cannot if packages are going through eBay International Shipping (eIS).

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

I bascially tell buyer to pay for each item and I will send a refund on combined shipping in one of the items. It works for me.

This is not allowed with eIS. Seller is not allowed to combine. Customs paperwork with eIS is based on each listing, not combined items. Each order will have a different reference number on the shipping label.

As Jack said, eIS is in the process of rolling out combined shipping but it's only been about a week or so, and only a very small number of sellers are opted in at this point. I have 2 accounts in eIS - one is opted in to combined ship and the other hasn't been invited yet.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply