cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fraud seller closes case on his own???

Hi, please help me with this:
I ordered a Toshiba motherboard from a german seller cbo-do. Description said it was new.
The seller sent a motherboard which was obviuosly used (video chip was not original but changed),
worked fine so I did not complain. The motherboard stopped working after less then a month (blank screen - video chip failure) so I started a case. The seller did accept the return but did not want to pay for shipping back,  after complaining he offered to send an other new motherboard. I received the replacement board but it was not new again, and also damaged, I attached the pictures to the case, where it can clearly be seen that it is a piece of **bleep**, and asked for a refund. Seller did not reply, so I left a negative feeedback.
I was shocked to see today that he could close the case not leaving me any option at all, no refund.
How is that possible at all??? He sents a faulty item, I send the
pictures which proove that and he can close the case???

Thank you,
Attila Nagy

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: fraud seller closes case on his own???

I'm only guessing at what happened.  You filed a case and agreed to a replacement item.  The seller sent you the replacement and proved delivery to you.  You didn't complain in the case details so the case was closed in the sellers favor.  I don't know if you can follow up on the original case or not since it has been closed.  Remember~~this is just a guess as to what happened.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

thanks for yoour reply but not that is what happened, because I received the replacement board 

yesterday the case was still open (it would be open until 15th of June according to Ebay), after

opening the package I uploaded the photos at once, asking for a refund, the case was actualyy so new that I could not ask Ebay to step in

and the other thing is that Ebay message does not say that it was closed in honour of the seller

but that Seller declined the return...how is that possible?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Well I'm confused because you say you started a return before the replacement was sent.  Did you not actually open an official return then ?   If not sounds like the return you officially opened was after the 30 days after delivery protection provided so the seller was able to decline 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Both buyer and seller are in the EU, and there are specific rules/regs involving new and used items.  However, when the Seller offered to send a replacement and the OP agreed, it sort of changed the original "agreement" and/or what was originally in the listing.   When the OP asked for a refund and left negative FB, maybe at that point the Seller no longer wanted to deal with him/her.  I think there are pieces of information that were not stated and I think the OP needs to contact eBay either in Hungary or Germany for answers.

And I do not think a seller can close a case on his/her own.  The seller may have contacted eBay to do so but on his/her own.  Just imagine the havoc if eBay allowed sellers to do so.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

A seller can close a case if it was opened past the buyer protection or if the buyer chose the wrong reason. At least on tbe .com site.  Not sure on eu

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Good to know @myangelandmyprincess.  I do not list here that much so I am so rusty LOL!  I just thought that it did not make sense to have a seller close an open case.  Thank you, I stand corrected 🙂 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I think you're right.  It looks like the OP purchased this item back in March and the seller had a 14 day return policy.  This is May and the OP said the case would be open until the middle of June (30 days?) so the OP must have just opened this case and it was way after the 30 day time limit.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply