cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay shipping fees

My question is if EBAY charges a shipping fee to all sellers to use  ebay shipping and tracking service which is voluntary by the seller  which  EBAY PREFERS THAT YOU DO  ( which makes it easier for them to track packages , ,so now the real question is  when a packing is lost ( FOR EVER) AND YOU ALL KNOW THAT HAPPENS  (LOL ) OH TO MUCH seems like we get stuck with the bill to refund to customer , but ebay gets there shipping fees , so now we come to the question if Ebay want s to charge me a service fee for  tracking and logging my package  shouldn't they not also be responsible for the lost package just as i am i pay a fee to ebay to track the package correct !!!  to the final  destination  !!! so if they want to charge me a fee then wouldn't it make sense they take the same risk I take     when the package is shipped out ,,,, it is they who are tracking it  so why do I have to refund 100% of the money back to the customer  if EBAY wants to charge a fee and reap the profits they should also take the some of risks  or stop charging a fee ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, FOR US SMALL SELLERS EVERY PENNY COUNTS  WE ARE THE BACK BONE TO EBAY  AND THIS POST ISSUE HAS ALWAY BEEN A PROBLEM AND I THINK IT IS TIME EVERYONE SAY SOMETHING TO EBAY ABOUT THIS !!!!!!! also I am greatful for ebay  they are a great company   but somethings just need to be fixed  to help us small companies stay alive during these times 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: ebay shipping fees

eBay charges a final value fee on what the buyer pays to you for shipping. It is not connected to where you purchase your postage or how much you pay for it.  If you give the buyer a full refund, then eBay will refund your entire final value fee including the portion that they charged you for the buyer's shipping payment.

If you choose to purchase shipping labels through eBay, then the shipping responsibility is between you and the carrier, not between you and eBay.  The carrier provides the tracking information. USPS Priority Mail, FedEx, and UPS automatically include insurance that will cover package loss.

I have been  on eBay for over 20 years and have never had a lost package (either as a buyer or seller). If many packages you ship are lost, perhaps there is a problem with your packaging, or your labels aren't attached securely.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: ebay shipping fees

The shipping fee has nothing to do with being charged the fee because they are performing an action like providing tracking. They charge the fee on the total amount the buyers pays. They charge the fee on the item as soon as the listing ends. They charge the rest of the fee after the buyer pays because shipping and tax varies and eBay doesn't know what the final fee on that will be  until they pay. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply