cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eIS (eBay International Shipping) cannot combine shipping on different items ordered together?

I was switched to eIS back in February and I sell quite a lot of items all over the world via ebay GSP and now eIS. In the past, if a customer ordered multiple different items together, GSP automatically combined them, although often overcharging for shipping, which I would later refund the customer.

With the new eIS program, if a customer orders multiple different items, they are split into separate orders which makes the cost of shipping higher for the customer. If they order multiples of the same item, the order remains a single order and I can ship them together. I sell computer parts, so my customers often order a computer component and some cables to go with it, but now they have to be shipped separately to eIS.

Anyone else seeing this problem? And does anyone know if eBay is aware that eIS has this problem? I've called eBay at least twice now about this and they said they would "pass my message along to the right party"... but without any confirmation that it actually happened.

Anyone know of a workaround to the issue other than shipping directly for international orders?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: eIS (eBay International Shipping) cannot combine shipping on different items ordered together?

EIS does not have combined shipping costs right now. eBay has said that it may be possible in the future.

If a buyer puts their items in a cart and pays for them at one time it is considered one order so the items can be shipped in one box.  But they are still charged full price for the international shipping portion.

There is no way for you to combine orders. If they pay for them separately they have to be sent separately. You could offer to cancel the order and put all of the items in one listing so that they are paid for at once.  They would also save on shipping costs that way.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: eIS (eBay International Shipping) cannot combine shipping on different items ordered together?

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

EIS does not have combined shipping costs right now. eBay has said that it may be possible in the future.

If a buyer puts their items in a cart and pays for them at one time it is considered one order so the items can be shipped in one box.  But they are still charged full price for the international shipping portion.

There is no way for you to combine orders. If they pay for them separately they have to be sent separately. You could offer to cancel the order and put all of the items in one listing so that they are paid for at once.  They would also save on shipping costs that way.

No, in my case, even if the buyer orders 2 different items at the same time and pays at the same time, eBay is splitting up the orders into 2 orders. the only time they stay as a single order is when a buyer orders multiples of the same item. but if they add 2 different items, it becomes 2 orders. is there a way to recombine them when that happens?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Sorry, I don't know why that is happening or any way of recombining  That's not how I understood it to work so perhaps there is a glitch?  

devon@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

kyle@ebay  

Any comments on the op's problem? I thought that if a buyer put their items in a cart and purchased them at one time that would be considered one 'order' so the seller would be able to ship them in one package. Apparently that isn't happening.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Sorry, I don't know why that is happening or any way of recombining  That's not how I understood it to work so perhaps there is a glitch?  

devon@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

kyle@ebay  

Any comments on the op's problem? I thought that if a buyer put their items in a cart and purchased them at one time that would be considered one 'order' so the seller would be able to ship them in one package. Apparently that isn't happening.

Hey @pjcdn2005! This is a great question and was asked during our March monthly chat with our International Shipping team and this is what they said about combined shipping with eIS:

"Combined Shipping is not an option at this time, as customs declarations require that eBay declares items at single package level. We are working to update this feature in the future." 

Devon,
eBay
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

devon@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

kyle@ebay  

Hey @pjcdn2005! This is a great question and was asked during our March monthly chat with our International Shipping team and this is what they said about combined shipping with eIS:

"Combined Shipping is not an option at this time, as customs declarations require that eBay declares items at single package level. We are working to update this feature in the future." 

devon@ebay 

@theartofserver 

I read the chat and couldn't see that exact quote but that isn't important and it doesn't really address my op's problem.    I was aware that the EIS doesn't combine shipping costs but according to the TOS page for EIS:

• You will ship all EIS Items contained in a single order to the US Shipping Hub in one package;
  • You will not combine multiple orders (either belonging to the same Buyer or different Buyers) in a single package.

I did ask you in the past  if a single order meant that multiple items paid for at the same time would be considered a single order and you said yes.  That should mean that they can shipped in one box.  But the op has said that when their buyers are purchasing multiple items, putting them in the cart and paying for them at one time, that EIS is requiring each item to be shipped to the hub in a separate package. Other sellers have mentioned that too.  That doesn't seem to be what the TOS states.  So is the TOS incorrect or I am misunderstanding what the term single order means?   Could it mean that if I purchase 3 cups from one single listing and pay for them at one time that they will be considered a single order and can be shipped together? But if I purchase 3 cups from 3 separate listings and pay for them together that they are not considered a single order and cannot be shipped in one package?

I realize that at this time the EIS is not combining shipping costs but it would be nice for buyers and sellers who are using the program currently know how things  work when they have multiple sales. 

Sort of off topic....customs has never required sellers to  ship and declare each item in a separate package so it is odd that it would require ebay to do that.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I would like to add my experience onto this as well. I just recently had someone interested in ordering cards from me and it made them all split into separate orders. The person got charged like $60 in shipping from eBay thinking I was the one charging it! This is absolutely ridiculous! I sell trading cards using the eBay Standard Envelope option, so on my end it just looked like $1.74 or $0.87 on certain ones they ordered. On their end it was like $12 per "order." Each order only had like 1-2 cards! I'm appalled by this. They really need to get this fixed because it affects sellers and buyers big time.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply