cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay standard envelope

I have been using the bay standard envelope shipping method for several months for Domestic shipping. 

I would like to know, what is the purpose of the tracking number?

The reason I am asking is BC many of my buyers have sent me emails saying, "The listing says the order has been delivered but it's not in the mailbox."

Does anyone have the 411 on this issue?

Willis Baker
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: eBay standard envelope

It's not a typical tracking number and it's not designed to provide "up to the minute", accurate, updates.  It's just access to the USPS informed visibility system which has been around forever and usually in the realm of high volume mailers.  eBay's providing the service at cost... other companies would charge you extra per envelope.

There is usually... always... about a 2 or 3 day lag between the time the number indicates delivery and the day that it will actually arrive at your buyers mailbox.  That's because it's not actually scanned at the final, local, destination post office... that happens at the closest sorting station.    So if it says delivered today, add two days and that's about the time your buyer will receive it.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: eBay standard envelope

It's not a typical tracking number and it's not designed to provide "up to the minute", accurate, updates.  It's just access to the USPS informed visibility system which has been around forever and usually in the realm of high volume mailers.  eBay's providing the service at cost... other companies would charge you extra per envelope.

There is usually... always... about a 2 or 3 day lag between the time the number indicates delivery and the day that it will actually arrive at your buyers mailbox.  That's because it's not actually scanned at the final, local, destination post office... that happens at the closest sorting station.    So if it says delivered today, add two days and that's about the time your buyer will receive it.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply