cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay standard envelope shipping option not available

For the past few hours, the eBay standard envelope option for shipping trading cards under $20 has not been available. This is troublesome, as I was planning on listing several cards today & am not looking to pay $4-$5 first class shipping on lower value singles 

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

There have also been issues with access to postage for the flat rate envelopes, and the official eBay solution for that is to enter envelope dimensions of 12x9x1.  So perhaps this is also a dimensions issue: try entering different Standard envelope dimensions; the maximum allowed size is 6.125” x 11.5” so in round numbers that would be 11 by 6.

@nobody*s_perfect is on the right track - in testing out this issue with standard envelope it looks like eBay is defaulting to filling in 3 oz and dimensions of 12x7x1 in some trading cards categories.

Those dimensions are over the max, so it's not showing standard envelope.

@chaossouljacards make sure dimensions are under the limit and please let us know if that makes standard envelope show up as an option again.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

I'm having the same issue.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

There have also been issues with access to postage for the flat rate envelopes, and the official eBay solution for that is to enter envelope dimensions of 12x9x1.  So perhaps this is also a dimensions issue: try entering different Standard envelope dimensions; the maximum allowed size is 6.125” x 11.5” so in round numbers that would be 11 by 6.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@nobody*s_perfect is on the right track - in testing out this issue with standard envelope it looks like eBay is defaulting to filling in 3 oz and dimensions of 12x7x1 in some trading cards categories.

Those dimensions are over the max, so it's not showing standard envelope.

@chaossouljacards make sure dimensions are under the limit and please let us know if that makes standard envelope show up as an option again.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

Oh Lordy what will they think of next -- unnecessarily requiring dimensions AND then automatically entering unacceptable values?!

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

I have been having the same issue. Any new listing or modification on an existing listing removes the Standard Envelope Shipping option. Not sure if it is a glitch in eBay's system. 

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

@ricme5197 wrote:

I have been having the same issue. Any new listing or modification on an existing listing removes the Standard Envelope Shipping option. Not sure if it is a glitch in eBay's system. 

@ricme5197 can you confirm the weight and dimensions that are on the listing when it removes the standard envelope option and if changing those values brings it back?

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Standard 3oz, 7x4x4 size. I have reduced the package dimensions and also the weight and still no option for standard envelope. 

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Have you tried just one inch as the thickness (i.e., third measurement, like 7x4x1)?

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

Thank you for the advice! I changed the dimensions to 11x6x0.25 and the option was available! Was able to upload listings with no issues now! 

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

I talked to an eBay representative today. They said they are aware of the issue and working to fix it.

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

I’m having the exact same problem. It doesn’t matter what I do. If I end a listing that had it selected and then re list, it. Vanishes. I have talked to two different people at eBay who couldn’t help

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

Did you try changing the dimensions @kane7474?

eBay made an unannounced change related to setting up listings with certain types of packaging. When package dimensions entered exceed eBay's programmed dimensions, eBay will not show you those shipping options when setting up your listing.

To access these services, enter the following package dimensions:

USPS Flat Rate Envelopes: 12x9x1
USPS Small Flat Rate Box: 8x5x1
USPS Med Flat Rate Box: 14x12x3
USPS Large Flat Rate Box: 12x12x6
eBay Standard Envelope: 11x6x0.25

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 13 of 28
latest reply

That’s what they told me too as well as told me to restart my computer 

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

None of Ryan has worked for me. I tried all kinds of Demensions and nothing. Just another eBay update that screws sellers 

Message 15 of 28
latest reply