cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay standard envelope issues

A customer from Puerto Rico purchased a card listed with eBay standard envelope shipping cost.  Went to print postage and eBay standard envelope was not an option.  Everything in listing was correct.  So I quess you can't use eBay standard envelope to ship to Alaska/Hawaii , US APO/FPO , or US Protectorates????

Ebay terms just said : This Service is meant only for Parcels shipped from and delivered to locations within the United States.  Should have said 48 United States.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: eBay standard envelope issues

Higher fees for ebay....that's all you need to know.

And utter stupidity as well on the part of those at ebay who think PR is a foreign country.  

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

I have a buyer from Puerto Rico and it allowed them to do Buy It Now which I have eBay Standard Envelope set for free shipping on a $1.89 coin.

Try to buy shipping:

"Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label."

I'm not paying $3.49 on my end to ship for a $1.89 sale.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

I cannot edit the last reply for some stupid reason.

I guess I can ask the customer if they're ok with a non-tracked domestic stamp instead...

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

@impossibly_modern 

If the buyers ‘country’ shows as Puerto Rico, changing it to US may allow you to use eBay standard envelope.  

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

But then the address would be wrong on the label?

Oh...but it won't let me change the country from PRI anyway. It's non editable field.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

You would change the address on the label itself. Is that non editable?

I don't use USPS labels so can't check for myself.  I've done it on Canada Post labels.  

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Combined purchased are protected up to $50 when using eBay Standard Envelope, so long as no individual item is valued at more than $20.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Anyone figure this out yet? 

I'm not able to print a shipping label for PR still. 

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

I sold 6000 card orders last year, when I would get the rare PR one or other one that wouldn't make the label I would just send it out with a stamp like I used to back in the old days. It just doesn't come up enough to hurt my numbers in any way,

Message 24 of 24
latest reply