cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay shipping supplies for trading cards - new Oct 2023

eBay said they were working on more flexible options for trading cards and I spotted this today:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256274542375

It's a plain number 10 envelope with a 3 pocket insert for trading cards and an eBay branded cardboard insert to offer protection.

s-l1600

The cardboard mailers have had issues regionally with USPS claiming too rigid in some areas.

What I don't see mentioned in the listing is the interior dimensions of the pockets. Will work fine for most cards, but some cards are over standard size (I think MTG cards are the larger ones?) I suppose if you have Magic cards you could use these sans pocket insert if the inserts are too narrow for those cards.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: eBay shipping supplies for trading cards - new Oct 2023

It would be nice if they sent out a sample or samples with your other supply order to see if it fits our needs. With only $50 given, not going to waste $43 of that on something not sure if its good or not.

Also, side note, the $50 or whatever credit given, that should be higher with inflation now. They've been raising the prices of the supplies but the coupon has stayed the same for almost 5 years. I know its a broken record but hoping some executive can understand this gripe and bump it at least $10 more to catch up with the higher prices/inflation, etc.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@westchestervillage wrote:

It would be nice if they sent out a sample or samples with your other supply order to see if it fits our needs. With only $50 given, not going to waste $43 of that on something not sure if its good or not.

Also, side note, the $50 or whatever credit given, that should be higher with inflation now. They've been raising the prices of the supplies but the coupon has stayed the same for almost 5 years. I know its a broken record but hoping some executive can understand this gripe and bump it at least $10 more to catch up with the higher prices/inflation, etc.

I totally agree with the idea of samples.

I totally disagree with the idea of wanting coupon to increase with inflation. Coupon price is related to store subscription price. Pay more for your store subscription, get a larger coupon. I get a $25 coupon with my Basic store. You must have a Premium store?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Yea. I mean bump all the tiers up $10, yours to $35, mine to $60 etc.

I don't think they ever will because they can't take it back once they do.

It's wishful thinking I know. 

In the end, its sheer marketing though for this site to have their company logo popping up along the country at different post offices and homes, so if anything it should be done for the sheer marketing of it all. It just takes one visual reminder for someone to engage with that brand either right away or down the line. It registers on their mind. Kinda like when you're hungry and you hear a McDonald's radio ad, you will probably go there next or down the line you probably will (unless you despise McDonald's completely) lol

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I just got a box of these so I'll be testing them out. I have some trading cards to list, and can probably dig up some decals and patches, too, so I can test out using these envelope kits across categories.

I think @onefootflippers mentioned he was getting some, too.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Yes, I am filming a review of them right now.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I've seen some of your videos on youtube. I'll look out for the new one.

GLORIOUS!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

I've seen some of your videos on youtube. I'll look out for the new one.

I asked Alexis in shipping to post the link to it as I have had trouble with my links being removed.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

ATTN: Moderators. This post and the video link was pre-approved by alexis@shipping.

I was sent a review set of these mailers by the ebay shipping department, because of my existing youtube videos about standard envelope shipping.

You can see the review at the link below.

https://youtu.be/YT_qHZ6bh6c

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Someone asked me about these envelopes yesterday and I realized I never posted an update. I have been using these envelopes for the past few months and so far they've been great. No issues with any of my shipments and I don't even have to think about packing material for ESE-eligible items. Previously I'd have to cut flexible cardstock to size, etc.

The divided inserts haven't fit all of my items, but when that happens it's easy enough to split the glue to make the compartment wider, or forego the insert and wrap the item in a piece of paper like a packing slip.

These are a time saver for me personally. Yes, the price is high, but you do get a lot of convenience out of it. If all you sell are ESE-eligible items, it's a good use of your store shipping supply coupon. I'm all about efficiency and saving time when it comes to business tasks.

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply