cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay shipping lable, date shipped options

I'm trying to print shipping lables through eBay. However I will not be mailing the package until after the holliday weekend. Usually I can pick the shipping date for up to 3 business days in the future. However eBay is not allowing me to pick the date my post office is next open. My shipping date choice given is to mail it tonight after hours (not possible) or ship it tomarrow (Sat) when my post office is closed. I want to pick next Tuesday as my shipping date since Monday is a holliday. eBay lables will not give me the option to do this. I have had no problem with mailing dates prior. Any info? Policy change?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: eBay shipping lable, date shipped options

Just wait until tomorrow or Sunday.  It will pop in.  I have no answer as to why it isn't there yet, but I can also see that it isn't.  So just print it tomorrow, it should show up by then.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

It just sucks because I want to finish packaging my items and be done with it for their shipping out first thing on Tuesday. Why does eBay always fustrate us? The only thing eBay is good at is taking the seller fees. Not once have I seen a problem with them collecting their seller fees.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@ronsvintagegaragesale wrote:

It just sucks because I want to finish packaging my items and be done with it for their shipping out first thing on Tuesday. Why does eBay always fustrate us? The only thing eBay is good at is taking the seller fees. Not once have I seen a problem with them collecting their seller fees.

To be honest, this is the first time I've ever had this happen.  It isn't a big deal to me.  I can print labels tomorrow and get them shipped out on Saturday so at least some of my customers don't have to wait for a Tuesday ship date.

I am sorry you are having problems.  But hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Ebay has alway has some type of problem with shipping labels around Labor day, But yea this is a new one. It was a big pain the year ebay didnt recognize Labor Day as a holiday. Box the items up like your going to ship, and write ontop of the box whats inside. Tues. Morn print out the labels and put them on the appropiate package, being careful not to mix them up!!!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@lynnscollectiblesnstuff wrote:

Ebay has alway has some type of problem with shipping labels around Labor day, But yea this is a new one. It was a big pain the year ebay didnt recognize Labor Day as a holiday. Box the items up like your going to ship, and write ontop of the box whats inside. Tues. Morn print out the labels and put them on the appropiate package, being careful not to mix them up!!!

The Tuesday date is available today.  This isn't a glitch in the system.  Ebay's system has only shown todays date plus the next business day on the options for the date of your label.  

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Only they're showing Labor Day too.  I just went to print a label and was offered today (too late, PO is closed) Monday and Tuesday.  Monday is Labor Day.   ?????  You'd think they would know when the official Postal Holidays are by now. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@evelyb30 wrote:

Only they're showing Labor Day too.  I just went to print a label and was offered today (too late, PO is closed) Monday and Tuesday.  Monday is Labor Day.   ?????  You'd think they would know when the official Postal Holidays are by now. 

Not everyone's POs are closed yet for the day.  And there is still drop off at the PO.  While there may not be people at the counter, many POs have people back there processing mail.

They know that it is a holiday.  But there are carriers and places in which shipments can be dropped off at, even on a holiday.  USPS is NOT the only carrier that needs to be considered.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

The new label form has finally added the option to choose a specific shipping date.   But it seems to think that we can ship on Sunday, while recognizing the Monday holiday!

Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 2.52.32 AM.png

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

The new label form has finally added the option to choose a specific shipping date.   But it seems to think that we can ship on Sunday, while recognizing the Monday holiday!

Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 2.52.32 AM.png

In some places you can.  Not where I'm at, but then I'm pretty rural.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Yes I know; I live 10 minutes away from a sorting center where I can drop off 365 days a year.  

But it makes no sense for the label setup  to allow a Sunday shipping date but not Monday.  It should be both or neither.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply