cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's New International Shipping

Anyone else annoyed at the way eBay implemented their new international shipping service?
I was able to tailor my international shipping costs using the eBay International Standard Delivery option, with weight as a price control, and then decide if I wanted to use USPS after the sale.  Yeah, I padded my international shipping slightly as insurance against scams or just forced return losses in general.  I do not accept standard returns outside the US, so when eBay decided to create their new service, they changed it to force sellers to accept 30 day returns.  Of course I decided to nope out  of that, but now instead of just having an option for it in shipping services, it's this moronic opt in\out option in your account.  If you had International Standard Delivery set up on your individual listings, opting out wipes out your international shipping settings.  Now you have to go through every one of your listings one by one and set it up again with USPS.    Yeah sure, it's my fault for having the eBay International Standard Delivery set up like this, but why the heck does eBay have to make changes that can affect your listings so drastically?  It's counter productive and counter intuitive.  Shipping options should always be within shipping options, not some globalized account setting. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: eBay's New International Shipping

With ebay's international shipping, you don't have to worry about returns. When an item is returned, ebay handles it all. You keep the money from the sale. You don't get your item back; eBay keeps it.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Before you put in the work to adjust your international shipping @lakeland_music , you may want to consider that eBay International Standard Delivery is supposed to be discontinued in a few months.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

That's difficult to imagine.  eBay taking responsibility for any return, regardless of the reason?  
I guess I've been so pounded into the ground by their lack of support I just find it hard to believe they wouldn't make us refund the customer for a returned item.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@lakeland_music 

"That's difficult to imagine.  eBay taking responsibility for any return, regardless of the reason?  
I guess I've been so pounded into the ground by their lack of support I just find it hard to believe they wouldn't make us refund the customer for a returned item."

Yes, it does sound fabulously unrealistic -- but it's TRUE!

Several reports from other eBay sellers in the United States who have already used the new eBay International Shipping service, have indicated that eBay has notified them of unspecified issues AFTER items have been delivered to international buyers -- but eBay has ALSO indicated that the sellers do NOT need to do ANYTHING:  the seller KEEPS the money, whether or not the international buyer has issues.

No need to waste extra time figuring out international shipping fees, or investigating restrictions from particular countries, or wasting time filling out customs forms -- eBay International Shipping does all that for us -- all the seller has to do is ship it to the eBay International Shipping Hub.

Furthermore, once the item has been received by the eBay International Shipping Hub, the seller is no longer responsible for the item -- it's 100% an eBay problem.  So no need to juggle problems with international buyers after that point -- just point 'em right back at eBay, and let eBay handle the problems.

I was hesitant, as well, until I read some of the commentaries from other sellers who've had positive experiences with the new program -- so let's use it as long as eBay makes it available to us!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply