cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay not recognizing "Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" as delivered.

In many places such as apartment buildings with concierge/doorman, townhouse complexes with a management office, freight forwarders, buildings with mailrooms, etc USPS will deliver to the building's mail "agent" and this has always registered a "delivered" status on the eBay orders page.

That is it used to until about 2-1/2 months ago. Now those orders are stuck as "shipped" as the system is not recognizing that packages were delivered. When you click the tracking pop-up it's stuck at "it's on its way to the buyer" and "was scheduled" for delivery on X date.

I've reported the issue multiple times, but I'm wondering if others here are seeing the same problem?

Hey devon@ebay - can you get the shipping and/or seller hub teams working on this? If you need order numbers or screenshots to reference I can send an e-mail.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 268
latest reply
267 REPLIES 267

Re: eBay not recognizing "Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" as delivered.

@wastingtime101 wrote:

More tracking numbers and examples posted above devon@ebay. Has the shipping team gotten back to you?

Hey @wastingtime101! I have been sharing all of the new examples from this thread with the Shipping Team. I have heard anything in regards to updates but I have reached back out to see if there are any to share. As soon as I hear anything that I can share I will be sure to let everyone here know. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 61 of 268
latest reply

Thanks for staying on top of it Devon - appreciated! I'm trying to not be a pain in your ass and bug you too often, but this is affecting a lot of posters so I don't want the issue to get lost or forgotten.

I reported to CS a couple of times beginning in October but since that didn't go anywhere, I'm hoping your direct contact with the shipping team will get this fixed sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, is there a tech ticket number that sellers can reference when contacting CS if they are losing claims because of this error?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 62 of 268
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Thanks for staying on top of it Devon - appreciated! I'm trying to not be a pain in your ass and bug you too often, but this is affecting a lot of posters so I don't want the issue to get lost or forgotten.

I reported to CS a couple of times beginning in October but since that didn't go anywhere, I'm hoping your direct contact with the shipping team will get this fixed sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, is there a tech ticket number that sellers can reference when contacting CS if they are losing claims because of this error?

@wastingtime101 That is no worries and I can understand the issue that this is causing sellers and wanting to have a resolution. So far I have not seen any sitewide tickets be opened on this but I am on the lookout for any that I can share here as well as on our tech board for sellers to use when they reach out to customer support. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 63 of 268
latest reply

Im going through the same thing and it absolutely sucks. Usps sent me proof it was delivered to agent, i used that in my case and won but buyer appealed saying i offered refund and didnt refund him so they have now favored with him and i owe the money back now, my tracking was 

users profile says hes from Kazakhstan so im sure he couldnt have got the package that quick because he opened case right away. I feel so many are taking advantage of this. Been selling for years never had a negative review but after this i just cant trust selling on ebay anymore.  

Message 64 of 268
latest reply

Hi Devon,

Another case of this and it appears it is being abused.

tracking:

How soon can we expect a resolution from the eBay team?

Message 65 of 268
latest reply

Adding some visuals. On the top is USPS website tracking and on the bottom is the corresponding eBay tracking pop-up. Both pull info in real time and screenshots were captured today.

That green check mark on the USPS website means they completed delivery. eBay is no longer recognizing the delivered status.

On the left is an order delivered before the issue began. On the right is an order delivered after the issue began.

deliveredtoagent.png

The above 2 examples went to freight forwarders, however I've seen the issue with other addresses, including residences. One of my repeat buyers lives in an apartment building so for them, "delivered to agent" means delivered to the concierge/doorman in the building. The issue is not exclusive to freight forwarder addresses.

Please do not use my images for news articles, blog posts, social media, etc. Thanks.

GLORIOUS!

Message 66 of 268
latest reply

Devon@Ebay YES I currently have an item sold like this! Says not yet delivered but usps says its been delivered to final agent. Tracking number here... 9400108205496315300808

I do not want a claim against me as this is technically delivered. Can you please fix this?

Message 67 of 268
latest reply

Devon@ebay I am going through the same issue at the moment. Buyer is saying they never received the item and is insisting even eBay doesn’t say it has been delivered. They’re a new buyer and definitely trying to get my expensive item for free. It is marked fully delivered when put into USPS website tracking but not when put through eBay’s tracking system. Is eBay going to vouch that this has been delivered if they open an item not received case? The tracking shows delivery to their city and zip. Tracking number is #9505513918013007238442

Message 68 of 268
latest reply

@keystonecuriosities wrote:

Devon@ebay I am going through the same issue at the moment. Buyer is saying they never received the item and is insisting even eBay doesn’t say it has been delivered. They’re a new buyer and definitely trying to get my expensive item for free. It is marked fully delivered when put into USPS website tracking but not when put through eBay’s tracking system. Is eBay going to vouch that this has been delivered if they open an item not received case? The tracking shows delivery to their city and zip. Tracking number is #9505513918013007238442

Look up the address to get the name of the freight forwarder used @keystonecuriosities.

Tell the buyer it was delivered to an agent at their forwarder (name) on Jan 9, just a few days ago, and it may take more time for a package to travel internationally. They should contact their forwarder for international tracking information.

GLORIOUS!

Message 69 of 268
latest reply

Devon@ebay Another case impacted by this issue, i'm a buyer that returned an item to a seller after they accepted the return. I followed the ebay return process from start to finish and now at the end USPS status shows "Delivered to Agent. Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" as their last scan. Seller has not refunded the money and will not reply to messages.

Case is being reviewed but i'm getting push back that ebay needs to confirm the package was delivered. Signature just says "Front Door". Tracking # is 9382020585500100854148. 

Message 70 of 268
latest reply

So now buyers are being affected on returns. Thanks for posting @platgli. If you're not already working with CS on social media I suggest taking that route. The reps are US-based and will have a better understanding of USPS tracking. You can go to the eBay facebook page or to askebay on Twitter and send a DM.

Link to this thread if you need to show them proof this is a tech issue acknowledged by eBay, and while you're at it, ask them to file a tech ticket because your account was impacted by this.

I think a lot of people in the situation of dealing with claims and cases are not asking CS to file the tech ticket. The more people filing tickets, the better chance we'll reach the number of impacted users needed to create a site-wide ticket and get bumped up eBay's priority list for fixing this.

GLORIOUS!

Message 71 of 268
latest reply

Thanks @wastingtime101 ! I just sent eBay a DM on Facebook. Didn't know this was an option. 

Message 72 of 268
latest reply

Hi,

Here’s another to an Deleware address that appears to be freight forwarder? 9405508205497500439726. Delivered to agent Jan 6.
 I just googled the address and reviews mention scam after scam and one review mentions the name of my purchaser? I know these reviews may not be accurate but it’s worrying. 

Hope ebay will protect me. 

Message 73 of 268
latest reply

Just had this happen to me. This was also an expensive item and was shipped quickly. Tracking is 

According to the buyer he never got it. He just opened a case this morning. Tracking says Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery. Any advice on this .... 

Message 74 of 268
latest reply

Hey @comics4x. First enter the tracking number into the INR claim. In a couple of days you & the buyer will be able to escalate, but the bots would close it out against you because of this issue. If you're not already working with CS on social media I suggest taking that route. The reps on social are US-based and will have a better understanding of USPS tracking. You can go to the eBay for Business facebook page or to askebay on Twitter and send a DM.

Link to this thread if you need to show them proof this is a tech issue acknowledged by eBay, and while you're at it, ask them to file a tech ticket because your account was impacted by this.

I think a lot of people in the situation of dealing with claims and cases are not asking CS to file the tech ticket. The more people filing tickets, the better chance we'll reach the number of impacted users needed to create a site-wide ticket and get bumped up eBay's priority list for fixing this.

GLORIOUS!

Message 75 of 268
latest reply