cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is charging me for return shipping on a purchase

All of my listing are set with "Buyer pays return shipping".  I just had a return request, and when I authorized it I had to pay for it, ther was no option for me to check off for buyer to pay it.  I did recheck the item and it clearly is set for buyer to pay.  Has eBay changed something again that I'm not aware of?  I'm about ready to not accept returns.   

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: eBay is charging me for return shipping on a purchase

It actually looks like the seller in this instance has over 1400 feed backs so it seems logical that they know the policies. They may not understand that on eBay it is guilty Must prove innocence. Try showing a little less attitude when you answer maybe. Sellers need to understand that eBay will often listen if they persist. But usually whats happens is they just bite the bullet and yet another BAD BUYER gets away with it. I have had Four instances in the past year where my persistence paid off and only in one case did I lose anything and that was a return postage fee, which I just let go .
Message 31 of 33
latest reply

YES....it seems like EBAY is not only allowing buyers to scam sellers, but helping them.

I sold an item, the buyer did not read my listing, so they had buyers remorse, and I do not offer returns. 

( you don't get to waste my time and money, or both, because you do not read my listing ! )..

They lied , saying I sent them the wrong radio..I said prove it..they did not..they opened a return case saying it was defective, Yet they had days earlier told me it worked fine through the messages that bay  can clearly see..  bay immediately  sided with them  and closed the case. They broke my item.but still, bay had the buyer send me back a broken unit, saying they don't know if it was the buyer or the post office's fault. 

So, now I have lost my item ( $250  value ), the $60 it cost me to ship it out, And bay is charging me for return shipping which is another $50! I was scammed out of hundreds of dollars and bay tells me, I SHOULD EXPECT TO TAKE LOSSES AND BE SCAMMED AS A SELLER... their loss prevention dept told me I should be like wally mart, and accept returns no matter what, and once in a while expect to take big losses like a gambler..EXCUSE ME? I don't expect to lose money, takes losses or accept broken items as returns and just lay down and get rolled on and scammed! sickening ...There needs to be another site like bay to join with much better practices in place.

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 33 of 33
latest reply