cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay international shipping delivered the wrong item, how to proceed?

As per the title, we shipped out a small item into the eBay hub a few weeks back. Today I got a message from the buyer with pictures of a completely different item (a Transformer toy).  They said the package had two labels on it and it was shipped to the wrong one.

How should I proceed?  Do I have the buyer report the issue to eBay or do I do it?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: eBay international shipping delivered the wrong item, how to proceed?

Advise the buyer to file an item not as described case.   Mixed up items have happened many times with that program.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Ok, I can do that.  I was concerned that would look bad for me.   Literally the first thing someone bought through that program!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

That shouldn't affect you at all. The EIS looks after all returns with items sent through them.

If it happened a lot, then I suppose it might affect you but they do advertise seller protection for the EIS program.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Done, but they reported back that they're not allowed to file until April 2nd?

Which seems absurd... 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@qazol 

Since you shipped using eBay International Shipping, it is no longer your responsibility to communicate with the buyer -- EIS assumed that responsibility when the item reached the EIS shipping hub.

Just notify the buyer that they any further problems will be handled through EIS, and not you.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Are they trying to open a return request with the reason that the wrong item was received? They should be able to open that right away. If they are trying to open an item not received claim, that may not be able to be opened yet and it’s the wrong request to open in this situation,

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

It isn’t the sellers responsibility to refund the buyer but they should help them so the buye knows what to do next and which request to open.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply