cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay has completely broken FedEx shipping

I am now dealing with the FOURTH shipment that FedEx will not leave at my (business) address because no one is there to sign for a package where the seller NEVER requested a signature. 

The seller cannot make changes to the shipment - if they call FedEx, FedEx tells them they are not the shipper, that "eBay" is and "eBay" will have to fix it.

I have a signature release in my FedEx profile.  Does not matter - the way that eBay is sending these packages apparently over-rides that release.

I cannot make changes - can't send it to a new address, can't even change the delivery instructions for the current address - because FedEx clearly states the shipper (EBAY) has placed restrictions on the shipment.
https://imgur.com/a/vcveWmh

I have tried the worthless mobius strip of pointless apologies that is eBay support - I give them all of the information above and they simply do not get it - they just keep telling me to have the seller remove the signature requirement (that they never put on the shipment in the first place, and that he cannot remove because he is not actually the shipper).

This all started back when eBay decided they needed to try and anonymize every f***ing thing about a transaction - so if I make 10 purchases in a day I now get 10 PayPal receipts that simply say "You've made a payment to eBay" rather than showing the seller and transaction I actually paid for, and I get 10 shipping notifications that all say "You've got a shipment from eBay" - again, rather than a shipment from the person that actually sold me the products.  This was pointless and stupid. eBay continues to try and make themselves Amazon, and they continue to make an absolutely clusterf**k of the effort. 

I thought I'd make a post to see if, by some miracle, there's actually an  eBay advocate (or - gasp - an actual employee) that can DO something about this mess.  I simply can't believe eBay has managed to so completely screw up something as simple as shipping a package. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: eBay has completely broken FedEx shipping

I suggest that you send a message on FedEx Face Book Page. They will want tracking number address and phone number. They may be more helpful then the phone reps. I have had quality help to resolve a few similar issues.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I can understand why maybe address can't be changed but wonder why you can't divert to a FedEx location and pick up.

As for eBay being the shipper, I ran into that with eBay International Standard Shipping. I had an issue and contacted DHL (the carrier) and they said and I kid you not, "you will have to get eBay to call us." It worked out in the end without trying to make that happen.

Good luck sorry this happening to you.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

It is likely a direct signature requirement. The only way to get these is to be outside when the truck shows up. If you are more than five feet from the door, the driver will have sprinted back to their truck and left by the time you open the door. The direct signature requirement prevents you from even diverting the package to a local pickup location.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply