cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay charged for the buyer being in Canada and had item shipped to a US address

eBay would not refund about $1.30 fee because the buyer was registered in Canada and bought an item from me and had it shipped to a US address. My descriptions always say shipping to the lower 48 US states only. They said they would not return the fee. This seems a bit silly to me and one more reason eBay is just not what it was back when I started buying and selling. This whole charge on taxes collected is ludicrous. I know it is money processed blah blah blah but they just keep reaching in our pockets. I don't sell much anymore as it FB Marketplace is much easy. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

eBay doesn't charge the fees, governments do and eBay collects it.  You think it should be done for free?

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

There is an international fee when a buyer is registered outside of the US regardless of where the package goes.   PayPal also charged this fee.

If you're not using eBay International Shipping to ship your item, we charge an international fee if either:

• The delivery address for the item (entered by the buyer during checkout) is outside the US, or
  • The buyer's registered address is outside the US (regardless of the delivery address for the item)

This fee is calculated as 1.65% of the total amount of the sale and is automatically deducted from your sales.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822&st=3&pos=1&query=Sellin...

Message 3 of 3
latest reply