cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Tracking not updating causing incorrect performance metrics.

Hello,

Today I noticed that eBay has lowered my performance metrics for on time tracking.

If you go to tracking inside eBay, it's stuck on 'Tracking Provided'. But if you click on the tracking number link to bring up the carrier (USPS). All the tracking information is there.

Screenshot 2024-03-22 114844.pngScreenshot 2024-03-22 114915.pngScreenshot 2024-03-22 115029.png

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hello, I have this issue as well. Our account was hit with 176 packages from 3/14-3/18. I have brought this up to ebay and they are investigating 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for letting me know.

I hope they resolve it ASAP and get your metrics fixed.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I have the same issue.  Shipped item on 3/19/2024. Per USPS website & customer item received on 3/21/2024. But eBay tracking still has not updated. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Yes my item has been delivered. If you click the tracking link in the order it brings you to the USPS website that shows delivered.

Biggest issue with this is the decrease in seller metrics.

1000009988.jpg

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

You said the same happened to you, right @mtgraves7984 ? What item was that for?

I've had the same happen a bunch of times the past 3-4 mos with USPS tracking not updating on eBay, but so far at least the initial acceptance scans populated so my on time shipping was not affected.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I recently had one in transit and checked it for that OP (yesterday, I think) @wastingtime101. At that time there were no updates with eBay tracking, but it was visible on the USPS website.

This morning, both eBay and USPS say it's 'Out for delivery' and both show full tracking. All is right with the world.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

If they captured the acceptance scan I wouldn't really care.

Sad I get a ding for this when I got it accepted 2 days early, shipped out on Saturday.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

You should be able to appeal it through Seller Help. Add a note for them to check tracking on the USPS website and cite the tech error that eBay is not picking up the scans.

https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp

Under Defects, select the "late shipment" tab @robbie31415 .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Doesn't show anything for late shipment with that tool.

1000009989.jpg

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Ah, my bad. Seller Help is to request removal of "late shipment" marks - it does not have the option to request removal of "tracking uploaded" marks. After looking at the screenshots in your first post again, you're being hit with the tracking uploaded mark, not the late shipment mark.

This did not impact your seller level with the evaluation on the 20th, correct? If tracking updates to your account then the hit will automatically fall off before the next eval on April 20th.

GLORIOUS!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply