cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Shipping Label - Insurance

A buyer has bought two of my auction items.  I'm going to put them in the same box and purchase an eBay Shipping label for UPS as I always do.  I also always purchase insurance, but it won't let me specify an amount that is above the selling price for one of the items.  Is there a way to get around this?  TIA

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: eBay Shipping Label - Insurance

At this point I don't believe so. Tracking (proof of delivery) will only be for one of the items. You likely have to ship separately at this point. Someone else here that's more experienced will hopefully chime in with a better solution.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I use pirateship whenever I need to insure the item or have it signed. The rates are better and I can insure the item for whatever I want. Then I add the tracking number to the sold item in eBay. I will also send a message to the buyer with the tracking number although I think eBay probably still does that.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

What was the cost of each item? I am thinking about your seller protection. Anything over $750 requires signature confirmation. I can see the items sold over the last 7 transactions are all high dollar. With items in that price point, i would not combine shipping. Two tracking numbers will best prove delivery of each item and protect your interests. I believe there is a way to officially combine them if you are using eBay labels, but for outside shipping i don’t know. 

I”f you receive an item that appears to have been damaged during shipping, you must inform me of the issue within 48 hours of delivery and include pictures. You are responsible for opening the package upon receipt and checking the item. Any requests beyond the 48 hour time limit will not be accepted.”

Your disclaimer is not enforceable. It conflicts with eBays Money Back Guarantee. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@hiddenridgegallery wrote:

A buyer has bought two of my auction items.  I'm going to put them in the same box and purchase an eBay Shipping label for UPS as I always do.  I also always purchase insurance, but it won't let me specify an amount that is above the selling price for one of the items. 

Are you trying to buy a label for a single item, or did you combine them @hiddenridgegallery ?

If you haven't combined them, the system doesn't know there will be more than one item in that package. Go to the bulk labels page: https://gslblui.ebay.com/gslblui/bulk

At the top of that page click the link to combine orders per buyer.

bulk labels combine.png

Once combined you can select the package and edit for more options like adding insurance before purchasing the label. You should be able to add insurance for the value of all items that were combined.

If that doesn't work you can always purchase the label from pirateship.com.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You should be using Pirate Ship. It's free to get an account, and you get heavily discounted pricing. I sound like an ad, but I'm not. Been using PS since they opened, and it's fabulous. Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The same tracking number can be applied to multiple orders from one person (just not to orders from different user accounts), or you can use the methods other people have described to combine the orders if you're purchasing labels through eBay.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply