cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change in ebay shipping prices

My USPS flat rate envelope price on eBay went from yesterday $8.20 to today $8.45. Has this happened to anyone else. eBay could not give me a reason for the change and there have not been any changes with USPS pricing this week.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: change in ebay shipping prices

$8.45 is the correct current online postage cost for a padded FRE.

Did you recently lost Top Rated Seller status? That would have given you a 3% discount on Priority Mail postage;  $8.45 x .97 = $8.196.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Nice catch @nobody*s_perfect 

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Because of this Crap:

USPS is implementing a temporary price increase from Oct 2, 2022 thru January 22, 2023.

This is a temporary increase thru the Holiday season. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

This is the new holiday season surcharge that will last ONLY 31 weeks.  It starts Oct.2 and will end Jan. 23, 2023.  You can thank that wonderful postmaster Mr. DeJoy who is out destroying the postal system.  I will add that I just read that Fed Ex is also increasing prices soon.   No choice but to start editing your ads to reflect these new charges.  

They say that they will go down but frankly , I don't believe it since it seems that every Jan. that post does raise it's rates. Let's see what happens in 31 weeks...  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

This so-called "temporary" increase in UPS rates, for the holidays, was announced as upcoming months ago.  Seems like eBay personnel would have caught on by now.  

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@ms.rodriguez* wrote:

This is the new holiday season surcharge that will last ONLY 31 weeks.  It starts Oct.2 and will end Jan. 23, 2023.  .... Let's see what happens in 31 weeks...  

How did you arrive at 31 weeks?  From October 2 through January 22 is 16 weeks.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

This discussion has gotten a bit off topic and is becoming heated. Please bring the discussion back to subject established in the original post and remember that, while it is fine to disagree with others, discussion should always remain friendly and respectful as required by the Rules of Engagement.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply