cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong address

Hi Everyone & Happy Holidays,  A quick question that I think that I know the answer to.  I had a buyer buy & pay for an item.  B-4 I even packed it up or printed a label, I received a message asking if I could ship to a different address as the ordered address is an old one.  I think that I have to cancel the order (problem with address) - Have the buyer update his info. & relist the item. Then have him re-buy with the correct address.  The only thing that is "twisting my cap back" is this buyer has been an eBay member since early 2022 with not one feedback.  As I always do I thought that I would consult this board.  This is a lo-priced item. Any thoughts would be great.  Thank You So much..

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Wrong address

1st, be sure the message is from the buyer.

if the actual buyer, after letting them know, I would go with the addy issue and relist. very possible that if they have no feedback they have not purchased, and failed to update the address after registering in early '22

could be a scammer. some have no bounds for costs scamming level.  not that I would expect a fisherman (woman) to scam anyone, but........

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Wrong address

Other option is ......  for $20 you ship to the new addy, and take your chances.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Wrong address

"...A quick question that I think that I know the answer to..."

You are right, you knew the answer. Reply with a relisted Item and tell them to make the proper changes prior to submitting (changing the address is right there on the last screen before they buy)

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Wrong address

The buyers eBay handle & info are the same on my Seller Hub orders page & the eBay messages page. So I would assume no-one is trying to snatch this item. Messaged the buyer of my intentions with no answer. If no joy in a bit I will cancel.  I would rather the buyer know the plan ahead of time if possible. Sound ok?  Sorry to seem so lost - longtime seller who has never been faced with this situation.  Thank U 4 your help.  (J.B.)

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Wrong address

@jbbowers12012 wrote:

If no joy in a bit I will cancel.

What's "in a bit" to you?

It's Saturday - you don't have to ship until Tuesday since PO is closed Monday. Give the buyer the weekend to respond before you cancel. Sometimes buyers say go ahead and ship to the address on the order.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Wrong address

Great point - thank you.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Wrong address

Thank You for your input........

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Wrong address

Would rather not. But, Thanks.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Wrong address

If it's a new buyer and a low value item I would tend to think it's not a scam.  Still you can never be sure and the cancel and resell is the correct eBay way to handle it.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Wrong address

As long as they make the request through an Ebay message I do it.  They don't have a lot of recourse when the item shows as delivered.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Wrong address

@glenvonnie wrote:

As long as they make the request through an Ebay message I do it.  They don't have a lot of recourse when the item shows as delivered.

Sure they do. If delivery is to a different zip code from the one on the order, all the buyer has to do is contact CS and they'll win an INR claim. Even if bots close initial claim without looking at zip, buyer will win an appeal that's looked at by a human. eBay message showing they requested the address change does not matter. That message will not be factored in by CS. At least that's what the eBay reps on this board have been saying for years.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply