cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my package returning to the facility it already departed from?

My Xbox 360 that I ordered has returned to the facility that it left? Why is that? I hope nothing is happening. It went from Memphis distribution center to mail processing annex and back to distribution center.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It happens. If you studiously watch tracking you can see all sorts of things happen. Trucks break down, planes get grounded, weather emergencies and other issues arise and cause delays and diverted routes. The best thing I ever did was ignore tracking and worry only if it doesn’t show up a day past the EDD.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If you are talking USPS, be aware that the Memphis facility has a very poor performance record.

I alerted one of my buyers that her package seemed to be bouncing around in Memphis -and had I known it would take more than a week I would have taken the 3 hour drive to deliver it.  (that's how close we were)

In her response she indicated all of her packages take twice as long as normal, had been doing so for the last few years,  and she was used to it.

Other places I had read about packages going to the 'dreaded' Memphis facility and taking forever to escape.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I sent a package from NY to CA once that got to CA but apparently the wrong sorting center, then it came back to the original sorting center in NY and went back to CA from there. A classic case of you can't get there from here! At least it got to the customer in the end!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Most likely it got placed on the wrong truck.  They then sent it back to be rerouted.  Not all that uncommon to see that happen.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply