cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has a lot of sellers raised their shipping prices on ittems 4 oz or less? Shipping is expensivey

I've been a seller on Ebay for years and it seems everyone has raised their shipping on items 4 oz or less. When I sell something at 4 oz or less it seems the customer is getting our shipping discount. Please enlighten me on this. Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Why has a lot of sellers raised their shipping prices on ittems 4 oz or less? Shipping is expensivey

You have to be more specific.

What is 'old' vs' new' price (are you talking .25c? which USPS DID levy in 2021/2022 but NOT this year)

With 'what?' carrier

What 'type' of shipment (GA, Priority, Fedex 2 day, overnight, UPS etc.)

How much is 5-8 oz?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@singer_diecast wrote:

I've been a seller on Ebay for years and it seems everyone has raised their shipping on items 4 oz or less. When I sell something at 4 oz or less it seems the customer is getting our shipping discount. Please enlighten me on this. Thanks!

"Everyone" is an overgeneralization.

I can tell you based on some MANY of the posts here that some sellers (who have jumped to an inaccurate conclusion) have assumed that when First Class Mail was replaced with Ground Advantage that the rates went up. NO they didn't. The rates stayed the same, it was only the name that was changed. Nonetheless, believing that rates went up they adjusted their prices accordingly.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Almost all my items are 4 oz or less and I haven't raised my selling prices (I offer free shipping). But I just read that the USPS will have a price increase which will take effect January 21, 2024. USPS Ground Advantage prices will increase by 5.4 percent. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Many seller's shipping and handling charge includes the cost of shipping, the cost of packaging, and a handling charge.

Many sellers offer fixed shipping to all US addresses, some of which may exceed and others be less than the postage for that order.

Some sellers see the shipping and handling charge as a profit center.

Your practices may differ from others. You may not understand all of the options available to you when you list and that may affect how you compare to others.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You are charging just a bit more than the ebay discounted rate on your diecast . I'm sure that many sellers charge the retail rate. You can change from ebay's rates to retail rates in shipping preferences.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply