cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to make sure Priority Mail is delivered Monday?

Do you guys think Saturday would be a the best time to ship Priority Mail to make sure it delivered on a Monday? I normally wait till the following Monday to ship out Priority mail to make sure the aquarium plants dont sit more days on shipping. But since this buyer of mine is avaiable at home only Monday and Tuesday, kinda leaves me not much levrage. Thankfully the plants he orderd are very hardy on shipping. So I want to make sure they can arrive on either days he home, so I am willing for them to let them sit another day if they need to. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

There's no guaranteed delivery date for Priority. There is for Priority Express, though, with limited exceptions.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

It's impossible to even guess, since you have given us no clue about the locations involved. Are they far apart? Near major distribution centers?  How many days do your Monday shipments take?  Unless they're very close, Saturday would seem to be too late; I'd mail on Friday.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

This person is located in Hawaii and I am in California.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

First you need to make certain that what you are shiping is allowed. Certain plants are not allowed.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I have checked through Hawaii Agirculture Department, I am okay zone shipping them. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I would think CA to HI would be a pretty quick delivery overall, since you are the closest stop to HI.  However, if it were me, I would ship on Friday.  Deliveries are overall less on Saturdays, as most don't process items overly late into the day.  So if you get them to the post office on Saturday, they may sit through until Monday.  

Average delivery time is 2-3 days for Priority, so if you buyer is home Mon & Tues, if your item goes out on Friday (in the morning) and Friday counts as a delivery day, they would arrive on Monday.  If Friday doesn't count, they should arrive on Tuesday, with your buyer still home.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I would ship the plant on Friday if possible. If you ship on Saturday, they should arrive by Monday but it's not guaranteed.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@swenson8781 @lex-talon

Thanks so much for the replies! slight_smile

Message 9 of 9
latest reply