cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do, if the seller did not provide the tracking number?

Hi! Please, help me, I don't know, what to do. The seller did not provide the tracking number after the 5 days from the day  I purchased the item. I wrote to the seller several times and asked him about the number, but he didn't answer at all. I tried to ask e-bay help and contact, but they answered, that the item was sent, so I can't report them about the problem. How can I received the tracking number (because I have doubts about the seller)? I need in tracking number, because in our post office they indicate the delivery in office after a long time

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Tracking numbers only benefit the seller as proof of delivery, buyers don't need them. Look on the listing to see the estimated delivery dates.

If you don't have your item by a few days passed the last date, go to the Resolution Center and open a case for ITEM NOT RECEIVED.

If the seller can't prove delivery via a tracking number, you will get your refund.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Tracking numbers only benefit the seller as proof of delivery, buyers don't need them. Look on the listing to see the estimated delivery dates.

If you don't have your item by a few days passed the last date, go to the Resolution Center and open a case for ITEM NOT RECEIVED.

If the seller can't prove delivery via a tracking number, you will get your refund.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Tracking numbers are not a requirement and are for the SELLERS protection.

If the estimated delivery date has passed then you can file a INR requesting a refund.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Who are you to decide what a buyer needs? I track all packages...I do most of my shopping online and plan around when I will receive a delivery. I do not do business with vendors that don't provide a tracking number. I KNOW the item I purchased recently is big enough that a tracking number would be provided. If they are using surepost, etc,I don't purchase from them because I have had items take 2 weeks to get to me. Not providing the type of shipping is deceptive. I will gladly pay more for priority mail. I like using eBay, to support the sellers, but will choose retail if they won't supply shipping info.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@posies2002 wrote:

Who are you to decide what a buyer needs?

Actually, eBay said so.

Sellers are not required to provide buyers with one, or even to ship using a trackable method, but will only be covered by Seller Protection in the event of an Item Not Received dispute if they prove delivery with tracking.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread HERE.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply