cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What countries will eBay charge me extra fees when I already have international shipping

Question: What countries will I incur a hidden extra fee due to some license or whatever eBay pays and they said therefore I have to pay it.I’ve called eBay for a list of these countries but so far they haven’t sent me anything. I need to know ASAP because in this case (which is in the past now) the buyer actually had an American address but he was registered in another country THEREFORE even though I shipped within USA I incurred and extra fee of over $70. For a license eBay didn’t really need to get . 

So I asked eBay to send me a list of the countries this could happen to me again . So far nothing.

I spent a long time on eBay trying to find out where I can pick and choose what countries I’d ship to but cant find that either.

Yes I have international shipping. And yet I  still incurred a really big extra charge from eBay.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: What countries will eBay charge me extra fees when I already have international shipping

How do I use EIS?

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Re: What countries will eBay charge me extra fees when I already have international shipping

@pjcdn2005 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/selling-internationally?id=4132&st=3&pos=6&query=Selling%2...

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

@janet9988 

Thank you for the link.

Well I'm confused as that information seems to be out of context and is not the way it works. If you are listing on .com and are a US seller and the buyer pays with the British pound,their money will be converted to US dollars and they will pay the currency conversion fees. They will see the exchange rate on their order details.  The seller does not see any exchange rate or currency fee as they only see $US.   Other than the international fee, they would be paid exactly what they had been paid if the buyer was in the US.  If the buyer is refunded later on, the currency exchange rate that will be used is the one that was in effect the day that they paid. But again, that wouldn't affect you.

The link at the end of the second paragraph leads to a page explaining currency conversion fees IF the seller is listing in a currency that is not their payout currency.  For example, my payout currency is $C so if I list on .com, the buyer pays in $US and it is converted to $C so that it can be put into my bank account. In that case ebay would charge me any currency conversion fees.  

If I list on .ca and a US buyer makes a purchase, all I see is the amounts in $C and do not see any exchange rates, currency fees etc.  I receive the same as what I would have if the buyer was Canadian.   So the information in these paragraphs does not apply to a seller listing on their site, regardless of where the buyer is located. But it would apply to a seller listing on any other site than their home site.

_______

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/selling-internationally?id=4132&st=3&pos=6&query=Selling%2...

If the buyer pays in a different currency, the payment will be converted to the currency of your payouts. As currency values can change, it’s important to note that the currency exchange rate will be captured at the time of sale and can be viewed in the order details. This exchange rate will apply in the event of a refund.

eBay's transaction fees will be deducted in the buyer’s payment currency, before being converted to your payout currency. If you receive a fee credit, it will be converted from your buyer’s payment currency to your payout currency. See our fees article for more information on the currency conversion charge.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply