cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way over charged for a return shipping from seller

I bought a pair of sneakers from shoebuy last week. They were too small so I naturally did a return transaction.
Right before printing shoebuy's return shipping label - it says "Postage costs MAY cost up to  $18.00"

Which leads one to think...postage cost will be adjusted from where it was shipped from and MAY

be $18 depending on the State it was shipped from  So I only live 45 MILES from shoebuy's return center so naturally I thought postage rate would be adjusted to $8.70 that is on the official Post Office website to ship from my house to Woburn, MA - and that's Priority Mail 1 day shipping ($8.70)

Question....can return shipping sellers rip off the consumer this much and not held accountable for price

gouging the buyer???

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Way over charged for a return shipping from seller

@bunchick wrote:

Right before printing shoebuy's return shipping label - it says "Postage costs MAY cost up to  $18.00"

Question....can return shipping sellers rip off the consumer this much and not held accountable for price gouging the buyer???

Seller don't set, nor get, your shipping money: You're buying your remorse label from eBay.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yup if you are paying, you are buying the label from ebay, not the seller. The seller does not get any of the return shipping money. So that being said, this is why sellers get upset when a buyer lies and says an item is not as described since the seller has to send the label thru ebay usually. Ebay charges the seller in that case a very high price as well. Example, I mailed an item to buyer for $3.09. They wanted to return and made up bogus reason so ebay automattically approved the return and sent the buyer a label. Want to know what I was charged on my bill? Oh and let me say first it was returned in the exact same package and packaging I mailed it in for $3.09.
I was billed over $11 !!! Imagine how peed off I was. Thank god it wasn't a larger package.
I don't understand why ebay charges so much for return labels. They charge the buyer and seller crazy amounts for return labels when I know it costs no where near that when I originally mailed the package to the buyer. THis is why a lot of times you see sellers so upset on bogus returns that we end up getting charged for. In your case, it was a legit return. Clothing and shoes are hard to buy online since different manufacturers item sizes fit differently. Reason I don't sell clothing or shoes, and if I do it is maybe one or two items in the past two years.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Have been in contact with ebay about overcharging on shipping and its in the works of getting refund -

from the seller

Ebay's reply ....

This is considered price gouging and I will be reporting the seller to our trust and safety team because this is a violation or our eBay policies and procedures.  

I'm sorry that this happened and please notify us when this happens again so that we can issue you a label ourselves.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Does that mean you purchased a return shipping label from the shoebuy website instead of from the eBay website? I'm confused.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply