cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS shipping

I  am going to stop buying from sellers who use the USPS to ship,  The items never come on time and in some cases do not come at all .

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: USPS shipping

That is an option you can chose.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

You have the right to choose any seller you would like to.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Bear with me, it will probably take me most of the rest of the day to get the shipping preference of my almost 700 listings changed for you. I will be happy to let you know when I get that done.

Seriously, I think that the current problems with the Postal Service are understandable and will be corrected soon. They have always worked well for me and I am convinced that USPS deserves our continued support. Thanks.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

You can do that.

For my part, I will continue shipping USPS because their recent problems are (a) manufactured by politicians (b) during a deadly pandemic, and (c) because overcoming these issues is a simple matter of doing the right thing, which is to simply fund the USPS.

Posting ID
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I agree with upgradedendmills and others who know that they have had great USPS service and hopefully this is just a temporary situation.  You would be foolish to judge all sellers and all shipments by what is happening now. 

Look at a seller's feedback for reassurance.  Unlike buyers who can ONLY BE GIVEN POSITIVE FEEDBACK, sellers earn every green donut we have,  and are put through the test of providing good service at every sale! 

So consistently good feedback can tell you a lot about how genuine a seller's dedication will be to you the buyer, and in overseeing any shipping problems as well.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@ekim2030 

It's not just USPS, it's all carriers.

I'm waiting on a package that was supposed to have been delivered the 13th and it quit tracking the 11th and it's with DHL.

I think location has a lot to do with it also, some places are having more problems then other locations.

I only ship USPS and the last few months, I've only had one package show up late and it was only by 1 day.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@ekim2030 wrote:

I  am going to stop buying from sellers who use the USPS to ship,  The items never come on time and in some cases do not come at all .

as a buyer, my last two problems were UPS shipping service not USPS.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. To those reading I suggest taking proactive measures to avoid such problems. 'Tis always best to avoid a trainwreck if at all possible.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

You realize that USPS's system is made up of thousands of USPS employees and employees of private companies who are all effected by a world wide pandemic?

FedEx has suspended its own money back deliver guarantees. FedEx planes move USPS's time sensitive packages on its planes.

USPS's largest over the road contractor is the trucking firm J. B. Hunt.

USPS also uses many other smaller contractors.

Rural mail carriers have to use their own cars.

USPS interacts with the mail systems of most other countries in the world. USPS still handles 40% of the world's mail despite the U.S. only having 4.25% of the world's population.

Mst of the loses USPS has suffered during the last 13 years are due to a 2006 law from Congress that forced them to prefund retiree costs for 75 years into the future. In 2019; for example, 83% of USPS's loses were due to this law.

Starting in 2010 eBay, and later Amazon, abused a 1969 UPU agreement intended to help poor people in developing countries. That cost USPS additional billions in loses all so these companies could allow their Chinese vendors to dump goods into the U.S. using our mail system.

Such ungratefulness makes me wonder why God does not unless a new pandemic each week.

Reminds me of the women and two children wearing masks in a local store, taking up the entire aisle instead of walking on one side to let other people pass. They expected everyone to yield to their mere presence. As I come around the corner of another aisle she gives a sarcastic “excuse me!” remark as if to suggest it was my fault. This was followed by her and two kids making fun of my non clothes designer mask - it was just a painter’s mask. Makes one wonder why there is not a new pandemic each week unleashed form on high.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Hi stubborn/ideological sellers! You can be as stubborn as you want, but in the end buyers of commodities will migrate to Amazon. See attached.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Clearly your not a seller.  A 4oz item sent through USPS in the U.S. is approximately $3.00 depending on distance. UPS is approximately $14.61. UPS - $16.80.            My sells would plummet.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Agree Ken, just to test the " shipping waters" as I've been reading about delays in Michigan being horrible..I sent a med flat rate pkg to my brother full of collectables ( bought on eBay of course). Mailed pkg late Monday from Nevada and it went to the Grand Rapids hub Wednesday..he got it today in mid Michigan! I think the shipping fiasco may be coming to an end???

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

They'll migrate to Amazon????  do you think USPS treats them any different? 80% of their shipments still go USPS. 50% of Fedex, UPS and DHL also utilize USPS for portions of their shipping. 

So, I guess those that cry about shipping should just go to the mall and stop internet shopping all together. 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Obviously you missed the news spots on UPS and what they call their "piles" in their back lots at UPS plants. UPS has been throwing larger parcels in small mountains in their back lots uncovered because they can't handle their volume. FYI The USPS processes more mail in one day than FedEx and UPS combine do in one year. Fact.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply