cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS - posting LP to UK

I'm in UK and I'm wanting to purchase a USPS Return label for an LP - what service should I use that provides tracking and signature? I'm not too bothered about extra compensation as I doubt I'm going to get back what I sold. 😏

I have registered with USPS ... just need advice please as it's very different from Royal Mail!!!😀

The package will be a record mailer 13" x 13" and about 1.5lbs

Cheers from over the pond!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: USPS - posting LP to UK

You cannot purchase return labels for international packages.   If you are the seller, you'll just have to refund whatever amount the buyer says he/she paid to return the product.  If you are the buyer, you can only hope the seller will reimburse you.

Keep in mind that returning a relatively inexpensive item often is not worth the postage or the hassle.

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I'm in Canada and although I was able to register on the USPS site, I wasn't able to purchase a label through them because I didn't have an US address on file. You might have better luck than I did.  If you can't buy a label, you can look up the cost of postage on the usps site and send that amount to your buyer via Paypal as a payment for goods and services.  If the buyer doesn't send the item back and therefore doesn't have a tracking number showing delivery, you can file a claim through PP for the cost of the goods and services (postage) that you paid for. I know that has worked for a couple of sellers here.

Someone else who is more familiar with usps will hopefully answer and confirm this but I believe that any international shipping service with a signature would be very expensive from the US as most services do not have that option available. The least expensive would be first class international mail which would have delivery confirmation to the UK as long as the postage is purchased online.

Cheers from Canada.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Postage would be:

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000305 EndHTML:000002644 StartFragment:000001563 EndFragment:000002582 StartSelection:000001563 EndSelection:000002550 SourceURL:https://postcalc.usps.com/Calculator/MailServices?country=10150&ccode=GB&omil=False&dmil=False&mdt=9... Price Calculator Mail Services

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

If that is the one that sold for $568.88, I hope you get it back and it's in the same condition that you shipped it in.

Editing to add that the value exceeds what is allowed for First Class International so you have to go with Priority.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Why do you want a signature?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

IMO you would be better off just giving the buyer the money through Paypal that would be enough for the buyer to return with tracking and insurance.

Not only would that be easier but if you provided a USPS label to the buyer (if even possible which I doubt) and the package went missing on it's return to you, you would be out of luck and have to refund the buyer anyway.  If you give the buyer the money to return and it goes missing, you wouldn't have to refund the buyer.  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Sorry not to have replied folks but I've been laid low in bed with a rotten cold! Couldn't even think eBay! 

Things have taken a weird twist ... he didn't intend it but the eBay case has closed because he initiated a chargeback .. so it's switched to PP! So... now he has to pay for the return but can get most of it paid by PP.

I wasn't bothered about the compensation on the return but didn't want it not signed for as it might get left in a 'safe' place... Anyway I'm far more upbeat about this having spoken to both Action Fraud UK who are a branch of the Metropolitan Police ... they will take and action a crime report as long as one party is in the UK. This means that if a different Rd or is returned I can fully comply with Pay Pal procedure to defend the chargeback ... plus IF I win the case there will be possible repercussions from his bank and PP who told me how they are toughening up on this type of fraud.. which they admit is rife and growing! 

Anyway...  it's jumping the gun at the moment as he's not sent anything back yet! Hopefully he will now either close the case or return my album in the condition it was sent in! He has at least saved me more expenditure by inadvertently closing the eBay case... I'm happier (marginally!) dealing with Pay Pal! First dispute in 16 years!

one thing that did get repeated by all the agencies concerned was that ALL FRAUD MUST BE REPORTED. People will get away with fraud time and time again if we roll over and let them do it!

Thanks for your responses folks ... it's appreciated!😘

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

BTW just one point ... you must provide either a shipping label or the money for it (and upload proof) otherwise eBay refund the buyer without return. That's the situation on eBay.uk.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply