cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS address problems

Has anyone been having issues with usps not having addresses in their system? I take items I sell to the counter, and twice I've had them tell me that the confirmed address is not in their system. The 1st time I sent it anyways and it got lost. The 2nd time I just cancelled it and refunded it. Both times the buyers said they've had no problems getting things from usps and didn't believe me.  They left feedback which looks like I'm not telling the truth.  I'm thinking that i need to video the clerk.  This is never happened before and I don't know why it keeps happening or what to do about it. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

USPS address problems

Sorry for your troubles. No, I have never experienced this... I didn't even know the counter clerks checked for that. Specifically... I hand my USPS off to my regular carrier at home. I've never had a problem. Hang in there...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

USPS address problems

Video of the clerk won't help in any feasible way.

You sometimes can make slight adjustments in the address. (Game time decisions)

Check Google instant street view, see if you can find it there.

Try a different carrier, such as UPS. 

Try a different postage company like PirateShip and see if their system recognizes the address.

Posting ID
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

USPS address problems

never had it happen at the counter.   Have had packages returned to me that did have proper addresses.  Local PO sent them back thru and no problems with the 2nd delivery. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

USPS address problems

@dbro74 

I didn't receive any mail delivery for 4 days due to the weather.  The sad part is even when it's 90 degrees out it still applies.  I believe USPS is having issues again, sort of like when then pandemic hit.  I ordered something that should have taken perhaps 2-3 days to be delivered to me from Arizona to KC.  It got to KC and then took a magical trip to Wichita where it sat for 3 days.   And our rates are going up as of tomorrow, as the service just gets worse.

I know a lot of these post offices have employees that are over worked and many short staffed, so I can empathize with that reason.  I believe that USPS has a lot of glitches and even more problems so it doesn't sound unreasonable.  Only typical.    Hang in there friend. 

Happy Selling

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

USPS address problems

Good luck getting a USPS employee to agree to a video deposition.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

USPS address problems

@dbro74 wrote:

Has anyone been having issues with usps not having addresses in their system? 

No, never.

@dbro74 wrote:

I take items I sell to the counter, and twice I've had them tell me that the confirmed address is not in their system.

Ah... Okay, if you're trying to buy your shipping labels at the counter, you're not only paying full retail price instead of the on-line discounts available if purchasing labels through eBay or another postage provider, but also relying on the clerk to type in the address accurately. I don't know how the Point of Sale terminal reports an address problem, but on-line, the address is validated against the USPS database at purchase time, minor discrepancies or missing details (e.g. "Road" instead of "Street", "Ste" instead of "Apt") are automatically corrected, and the ZIP Code is expanded from 5 digits to ZIP+4. You owe it to yourself to purchase your labels on-line. If you don't have a printer, you can have the Shipping form deliver a QR code to you, which the post office can scan from your phone for you and print the label at the counter.

@dbro74 wrote:

The 1st time I sent it anyways and it got lost. 

That sounds like a different problem (e.g. label becoming illegible or falling off), because if it's undeliverable, it will simply come back to you at your return address. If it simply disappears instead, you should be able to get refunded by USPS, as their own tracking will show that they had it and then lost it.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply