cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS POSTAGE COST RATE CHANGING TODAY.

I WANT TO HEAR EVERYONES OPINION  OF THE USPS POSTAGE RATE CHANGE GOING UP UP UP AND AWAY OUT OF SIGHT. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: USPS POSTAGE COST RATE CHANGING TODAY.

Most of the opinions were expressed last October when the new rates were announced.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

THAT WAS TOOOO LONG A GO AND I'M OUT TO SEE WHAT CAN BE DONE THROUGH A PETITION TO WASHINGTON. THOSE RATES ARE OVER THE WATERS.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I am sorry to say that I do not think that a Petition would work . . . it may help, however, the USPS/FEDEX/UPS have yearly rates for as long as I can remember.  Washington is having their own issues at the moment.  Shippers should adjust the shipping accordingly.  JMHO

I only charge what the PO is charging me w/o a handling fee, and on occasion, I may up the price (slightly) on items to make up the difference.  eBay Sellers is not the only platform that has to deal with the yearly shipping costs.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Really the problem i am having does not deal with me directly. What i'm having the problem with is the cost that must be passed on to buyers out there. The only reason USPS is going up in their prices is because nobody and i mean nobody is shipping anything over 1 pound. Those bigger packages are being sent to Fed-X.  It is going to have to be up to the people to stand up against the high prices. Get real, almost $4.00 to send one ounce. I feel like i could start my own mail company. Greed in this world!  

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@jwhi9375 wrote:
 .... Get real, almost $4.00 to send one ounce.... 

The online price for shipping a 1-ounce (up to 4-ounce) package went from $2.61 to $2.66, an increase of less than 2%.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

However, if you enjoy paying that extra five cent 'I DON'T'. I do have a family and that little extra five pennys could go to something else besides something that weights less than a nickle. And, i am sure my buyers would appreciate Not having to pay that extra five pennys. They add up after a while..

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Correct...But if you don't use eBay labels I think it is now $3.50 at the post office.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I noticed the biggest change in the rates for buyers is for first class pricing. 13 oz went to $5.50 from $4.53 for a buyer on eBay, 12oz from $4.36 to $5.15. I know I know.....eBay discounts to the seller but if you are buying small boxes and bubble wrap to ship the items there is not much room to discount to the buyer. It really hurts when you are selling low priced items where shipping becomes as much or more than the item. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

The New Prices are crazy, But We will pay, My Problem with it is . Starting Dec 2nd 2017, The shipping times have Changed, I can't seem to get  or send a Package First Cless Or Priority mail that don't take 1-3 days any longer it is now taking up to 8 days for my packages to arrive. Did the Shipping time change for Usps First Class and Priority mail? Everything I ship now takes 1 day to arrive in North Houston, then sits for 3 days before moving on and is making all my packages late,  EVERY PACKAGE DELAYED IN TRANSIT. EVERYONE! There is No reason All my Packages should be siting in North Houston Processing & Distribution Center. 3 Days.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply